Protien Bars

Fireman9302

Does carnival have any type of protien bars on the ship?

I am on a high protien diet and like them for breakfast or a quick snack..just dont know if I shoukd bring some from home.

I always bring them from home.

DH had the same procedure, the first cruise out of the gate we brought his own protein shakes and bars. Congrats on your journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you..Im down 100 lbs. And am happy so far.

Ill bring my own..i dont want to fall off the wagon.

I dont drink the shakes anymore, but I like the protien bars for a good shot of protien.

How did he do on a cruise..Im really worried about all the food!

Thank you..Im down 100 lbs. And am happy so far.

Ill bring my own..i dont want to fall off the wagon.

I dont drink the shakes anymore, but I like the protien bars for a good shot of protien.

How did he do on a cruise..Im really worried about all the food!

Way to go!!! Definitely go into it with a plan. The best thing for us was just to split most things.

I think I've kept the shakes around because I'm super lazy most mornings and they become my breakfast. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you eat Quest's protein bars? They are great -- but the original recipe was better before they changed it.

Congrats. I will be just a year out from my sleeve survey. My plan is to bring a few shakes. In case!!!

You can bring on the premier protein premade shakes in the cartons! Or bring powdered and have bottled water sent to your cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm not a doctor nor have I ever had to undergo gastric sleeve surgery.

But, may I suggest you go out to various websites, like zydecocruiser's and pull up the menus and show them to your primary care doctor and determine what you can eat, can not eat, or maybe try to eat, depending on where you are in your journey.

No matter what, do bring as many boxes of your favorite protein bars as you can or want to pack. Add the bottled water from Bon Voyage.

And best of best in continuing your journey/recovery and for expressing your concerns about not falling off the wagon.:)

No. My husband and I always pack a couple boxes of protein bars (especially for port days). Protein powder is also great to pack...can easily add to a milk carton from Lido deck, oatmeal, coffee, etc. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm not a doctor nor have I ever had to undergo gastric sleeve surgery.

But, may I suggest you go out to various websites, like zydecocruiser's and pull up the menus and show them to your primary care doctor and determine what you can eat, can not eat, or maybe try to eat, depending on where you are in your journey.

No matter what, do bring as many boxes of your favorite protein bars as you can or want to pack. Add the bottled water from Bon Voyage.

And best of best in continuing your journey/recovery and for expressing your concerns about not falling off the wagon.:)

Thank you for your concern...I can eat whatever I want...I have zero dietary restrictions..the only thing that has changed is my stomach is smaller than yours...

I try to get 80 to 90 grams of protien a day.

Thank you for your concern...I can eat whatever I want...I have zero dietary restrictions..the only thing that has changed is my stomach is smaller than yours...

My weight lifting friends say be sure to drink a LOT of water! Maybe at least a half gallon a day. But they're swigging over 100 grams via that protein powder.

Best.

My weight lifting friends say be sure to drink a LOT of water! Maybe at least a half gallon a day. But they're swigging over 100 grams via that protein powder.

Best.

Yeah..I drink at least 64 oz of water a day!

I bring bars and Only Protein brand protein powder packet sticks. I like the sticks for longer excursions because they are easy to pack and carry and I can usually find a cold bottle of water to mix it with when trying to avoid the carby snacks that are typically offered/available.

Good for you!

I always have protein bars w me, something to gobble down while on excursions and such. I'll choke down any brand as long as the protein to sugars is 5 (or greater) to 1 (grams of protein to grams of sugar).

If the taste is too bad, a quick smear of peanut butter hides that.

BTW I've not ever seen any bars on board.

Depending on the time of year and what I'm working to gain/lose, my diet can be as "low" as 125 grams of protein to as "high" as 250 grams.

How exactly does bringing protein powder onboard work? I certainly don't want to bring my big tub when I will only need a few scoops for the week. Will they allow it in a plastic baggie or some other sort of container?

I measure one shake into a snack-sized zipper baggie. I can pack about ten baggies into my shaker bottle to stuff in the suitcase. Easy peasy.

I measure one shake into a snack-sized zipper baggie. I can pack about ten baggies into my shaker bottle to stuff in the suitcase. Easy peasy.

That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing! I usually just pour a bunch of servings in tupperware and then pack a scooper or use a plastic spoon but I like your idea better.:)

How exactly does bringing protein powder onboard work? I certainly don't want to bring my big tub when I will only need a few scoops for the week. Will they allow it in a plastic baggie or some other sort of container?

Hey Chris...76 days til ice time!

Just pack your scoops in individual ziplocks inside a larger zip lock so they don't dust your trunks and tees.

Best to your lovely bride.

Crew