Cruising with kids but without husband question

We are leaving in 2 days & it just occurred to me that I may need something to show Carnival since my husband will not be traveling with us. Does anyone know what they require?

The answer can vary from nothing to a notorized letter. People do this all the time. If it was me, I would carry along a letter signed by him giving permission for your kids to leave on the ship with you. You can make sure he would be reachable by phone during the time frame you will be checking in, he could fax something should they need more. It may be over kill but I think that would be just fine. They may not even say anything.

I have traveled twice on Princess (to Mexico) with my kids and without my husband. I've never brought a notorized letter with me, but I have used their Passport Cards, not birth certificates to sail with. Since the other parent has to sign the application for a Passport, permission to travel is implied.

You may want to call and ensure you are covered with whatever documentation you plan on bringing.

take a letter. It doesnt hurt and keep it with you getting on AND getting off the ship.

We only needed it once getting off the GLory when the custom guy asked for it. then ask my GD a bunch of questions.

Here is my question. My friend just lost her husband. She and her kids going on a cruise in Jan. so, no husband to sign a letter. I certainly hope she doesn't have to bring his death certificate. Anyone know what they do in that situation?

Again, depending on where they go but in any case I'm sure she would rather have that death certificate than to have any problem arise. Been a young (late 20's) widow and it wouldn't have bothered me to have that certificate tucked away in case I needed it. Could not believe the number of times I needed it.

My kids and I have sailed many times without Daddy - I always bring a letter, but have never needed it. Agree with previous posters that it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I brought a letter just in case but never needed it. Might have helped that the kids had their own passports though. DH saves his vacations for hunting and one big summer family trip so we are always going somewhere without him :) Next summer will be his first cruise with us.

I brought a letter just in case but never needed it. Might have helped that the kids had their own passports though. DH saves his vacations for hunting and one big summer family trip so we are always going somewhere without him :) Next summer will be his first cruise with us.

Lol, mine says he is staying home to take care of the pets but I know better. He wants a week of hunting with no interruptions! ;)