British Colonial Hilton Day Pass

ksswinggal

My DW and I were there for the first time last October and had a wonderful time. It's a nice, small, well maintained property.

Unless they are sold out I believe you can purchase as a walk up the day of. We purchased a pass ahead of time through Island Marketing. They only require a 20% deposit at the time of booking with the balance paid at the front desk upon check in.

I was also thinking of doing BCH as well instead of a snorkeling excursion. I've read that it's very peaceful and relaxing but I couldn't find anything about lockers. If they don't have lockers, is it safe to leave our belongings on the loungers or chairs?

Yes, you walk to the Hilton and just go to the front desk and ask for a day pass. It is not far from Senor Frogs. With that said, I will state that the weather was horrible (light rain) that day so there were no crowds and basically had the place to myself. I was set on getting off the boat so I went anyways.

The beach is very, very small. There was a nice sized pool and there is a fun view of the cruise ships. There are padded loungers with clam-shell tops.

I felt comfortable leaving my belongings on the beach while I swam but again, there was light rain that day. I cant recall if there were lockers. You cant swim too far out so I do feel that you can keep a watchful eye on your things.

1393757507_Beachhilton2.jpg.dc3683f33c32170538de012ae17e5d3c.jpg

594503458_poolHilton.jpg.e47d644fa1a0abc9516efb8ad1740e01.jpg

1880351733_Hiltonbeach.jpg.ac6bf28629648e65d475c42af1bfd149.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Is this a place for kids? Fun for kids with activities. Thanks!

It's a quiet and relaxing business hotel. No activities or kids club. They do have a couple of kayaks and tubes, but you have to take turns, as there are only 2. If you're kids need to be active, I suggest you go to one of the other Resort hotels.

I've read the day pass cost $65 pp, but it it the same cost fir children under 2years old?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It appears 5 and under is free. Here is the language from Island Marketing (details applicable to pre-booking through them rather than directly from BCH):

Please note that booking in advance is highly recommended. Not only will you save money as the price at the door is $65.00pp, but space is limited, and this will ensure your spaces are secure in advance.

The hotel is easy and safe to get to and it is within walking distance from your cruise ship port. Specific directions and payment details will be included with your confirmation e-mail, which we will send following the receipt of your secure reservation.

This exclusive day pass is priced at $60.00 USD per adult & $30.00 USD for children, ages 12 - 6 (children 5 & under are free). You will have access to the hotel from 9:00am to 5:00pm and may come and go at your leisure. For the comfort of the hotel guests and our valued cruise ship clients, we have limited the sale of our day pass program, thus ensuring comfort and enjoyment for everyone.

Edited by aurelius180

It appears 5 and under is free. Here is the language from Island Marketing (details applicable to pre-booking through them rather than directly from BCH):

Please note that booking in advance is highly recommended. Not only will you save money as the price at the door is $65.00pp, but space is limited, and this will ensure your spaces are secure in advance.

The hotel is easy and safe to get to and it is within walking distance from your cruise ship port. Specific directions and payment details will be included with your confirmation e-mail, which we will send following the receipt of your secure reservation.

This exclusive day pass is priced at $60.00 USD per adult & $30.00 USD for children, ages 12 - 6 (children 5 & under are free). You will have access to the hotel from 9:00am to 5:00pm and may come and go at your leisure. For the comfort of the hotel guests and our valued cruise ship clients, we have limited the sale of our day pass program, thus ensuring comfort and enjoyment for everyone.

Booking in advance is highly recommended to save money but do not pay attention to the "limited number of passes" as Island Marketing does NOT have an exclusive on this pass. If they are sold out there are other distributors who have the exact same deal.

Just got back today from our cruise and we went to British Colonial. It was very nice and clean. The view was gorgeous. It was a short walk from the port. The beach chairs were nice and padded. The area was well maintained. We were given towels upon arrival. Everyone was very friendly.The hotel was beautiful inside. We spent the majority of our time on the beach but we did get in the pool some too. When we got ready for lunch, we went up to the pool bar and ordered our food and drinks. Honestly, it was a little tough to order $40 worth of food and drinks each. There were 4 of us so we had $160 credit. After lunch we left our tab open and came back for nachos and soft drinks before heading back to the ship. Even after the 18% gratuity, there was a little credit left. We just left it as extra tip for the wait staff. Highly recommend this place.

Booking in advance is highly recommended to save money but do not pay attention to the "limited number of passes" as Island Marketing does NOT have an exclusive on this pass. If they are sold out there are other distributors who have the exact same deal.

This is normal language to protect the vendor from black outs and other limited access days. BCH doesn't have many black out days, but they do happen occasionally. (like when prince harry was visiting the hotel).

Those days.. no one has passes.