Question re: back to back in Vancouver

decal

I am scheduled to do a back to back cruise out of Vancouver. Does anyone know whether you have to get off the ship in Vancouver (like you do in Miami) between the cruises? Also (If it matters), I am in a different cabin for the second part of the cruise.

Thanks for any information.

Hi, you didn't give your line or ship and I can't really figure it out from your previous posts (sorry, I don't have time to try and work it all out). This question is pretty much ship-specific, with each ship possibly having a different procedure and the port having little to nothing to do with it.

I can tell you from my 2 B2B cruises with RCI that yes, you leave the ship but only because you have to "punch out" with your old card and then punch in with the new one. They want everyone off the ship and to have a "zero count" before starting to load the new passengers. You will be ushered off and back on by a staff member. You may or may not have to go through Customs and Immigration - again, not knowing your itinerary, we can't really give you a more definitive answer.

Have you posted on your specific Roll Call?

Yes, regardless of your change of cabin you will have to leave the ship, walk thu Canada Customs, and then board the ship with your new cruise card. You will receive instructions from the PSD, but the drill will be much like other ports, b/b will be assembled in a specific location and walked on band off together . Both customs and the ship require that the ship be zeroed out.

You may already know this, but when changing cabins on a b/b, some if not all of the lines will assist you in moving from one cabin to the other. You could check with the PSD if this service is available and to what degree you must pack....for instance will they provide a clothes dolly so that you don't have to pack everything in your closet back into suitcases.

We did a b2b on the Sapphire Princess in 2012 Vancouver to Alaska returning to Vancouver. This was a total of 14 days.

Received a letter from Passenger Services the night before we arrived in Whittier, AK advising us to go to Club Fusion at 9:30am on turn around day to get a new cruise card. It was very easy. In and out in 5 minutes. We did not get off the ship. Did laundry, etc. and just relaxed.

Did not have to change cabins. :D But those who did, just had to pack up their toiletries, stuff in drawers and the wonderful crew did the rest.

By the way, everyone here on the West Coast Boards are wonderful. So helpful and very informative.:)

We did a b2b on the Sapphire Princess in 2012 Vancouver to Alaska returning to Vancouver. This was a total of 14 days.

Received a letter from Passenger Services the night before we arrived in Whittier, AK advising us to go to Club Fusion at 9:30am on turn around day to get a new cruise card. It was very easy. In and out in 5 minutes. We did not get off the ship. Did laundry, etc. and just relaxed.

Did not have to change cabins. :D But those who did, just had to pack up their toiletries, stuff in drawers and the wonderful crew did the rest.

By the way, everyone here on the West Coast Boards are wonderful. So helpful and very informative.:)

The question of the OP was related to what happens in Vancouver. Although our experience in Whittier a few years ago was that we did have to bing out and then re-embark with our new card. There is a need to zero out the ship to be sure that everyone is accounted for. We were once on a return cruise from Alaska where a person jumped from the ship and this was not discovered until we arrived in Vancouver.