'name brand' handbags

Cru1s1ng2009

I asked this on the st Thomas thread because that is where I usually get my purses.

Being a civil servant I really don't have the money to buy name brand purses. I also go thru handbags like people go thru trashbags. I usually buy my 'coach' purses at the open air vendors in st Thomas but I have booked a snorkel tour that my is on my moms bucket list.

Are there a few locals selling these perfectly fine fakes in st maarten? If so are they are Marigot or Phillipsburg?

Thanks and please be nice. Im not cheap just not financially set. I tip well, am very generous, and stay in inside cabins which is the only way I would be able to cruise every other year.

D

I asked this on the st Thomas thread because that is where I usually get my purses.

Being a civil servant I really don't have the money to buy name brand purses. I also go thru handbags like people go thru trashbags. I usually buy my 'coach' purses at the open air vendors in st Thomas but I have booked a snorkel tour that my is on my moms bucket list.

Are there a few locals selling these perfectly fine fakes in st maarten? If so are they are Marigot or Phillipsburg?

Thanks and please be nice. Im not cheap just not financially set. I tip well, am very generous, and stay in inside cabins which is the only way I would be able to cruise every other year.

D

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question but I could never see anyone tearing you apart for not wanting to spend $500 on a purse. I hope that you find what you are looking for. I bought my latest leather purse for $25 in Venice so I am like you. :)

I think that there are a couple 'alleys' in Philipsburg that have such shops. They are on the Eastern end of Frontstreet, nearest the Bobby's Marina water taxi stop, or where you would arrive if you walked into town and Frontstreet. They connect Frontstreet and The Boardwalk.

This Google Earth shot should be enlargeable. See lower right corner.

th_knockoffs.jpg

(click)

There are other shops that sell knock-offs. I know that Caribbean Paradise (directly on Frontstreet) has had them in the past if they are still open. Don't distinctly remember from last visit, but I'll check it out soon.

th_DSCN1053.jpg

gary

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question but I could never see anyone tearing you apart for not wanting to spend $500 on a purse. I hope that you find what you are looking for. I bought my latest leather purse for $25 in Venice so I am like you. :)

Good deal Karysa! $25 is an awesome price.

I think that there are a couple 'alleys' in Philipsburg that have such shops. They are on the Eastern end of Frontstreet, nearest the Bobby's Marina water taxi stop, or where you would arrive if you walked into town and Frontstreet. They connect Frontstreet and The Boardwalk.

This Google Earth shot should be enlargeable. See lower right corner.

th_knockoffs.jpg

(click)

There are other shops that sell knock-offs. I know that Caribbean Paradise (directly on Frontstreet) has had them in the past if they are still open. Don't distinctly remember from last visit, but I'll check it out soon.

th_DSCN1053.jpg

gary

Gary,

thanks so much, I am sure I will find just what Im looking for then. I really appreciate the information. Dori