Private Tour Co. in Athens

Nana57

We are using Greece Private Tours

http://www.greece-private.com. Have some friends that used them and loved them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We used them in June 2012.

Excellent service and very reliable.

The ship captain changed the date for our Athen's stop due to a potential transportation strike and our guide had changed the arrangements and contacted me on the ship before I had a chance to call him.

• 2 weeks later...

My family of 3 used Private Greece Tours a few weeks ago to take an all day tour of Delphi from Athens, including a private tour guide at the archeological site and museum.

I highly recommend them. They were prompt, knowlegable and everything we wanted. We were provided with a cell phone which enabled us to keep in contact with our driver. They also provided cold bottled water. I would happily use them again.

We were not on a cruise this time (they pick us up from our hotel), but I have cruised with Royal Caribbean and gone on their excursions. I found I now have a strong preference for the private tours as my tolerance for other passengers that want to talk over the tour guide gets worse every year.

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone recommend a Private Tour Co. to use in Athens? Or has anyone used RCCL tour for Athens. Which tour did you take with RCCL? Will be going on cruise June 2015.

I used Private Greece Tours last year, and would highly recommend them. Here is a review I posted on Trip Advisor:

Thank you Makis!”

<x.gif>Reviewed 12 August 2013

My son and I had only one day in Athens - a first time visit for both of us - while on a Mediterranean Cruise. To make the most of it - we booked an all day tour with Private Greece Tours. I dealt directly with Nikos in making our arrangements. He was always quick to reply to my questions in a very professional manner. Our guide for the day - Makis - picked us up promptly at the appointed hour. His extensive knowledge of Athens and its history was very quickly apparent, but his unbelievable passion for what he does is what made our day a truly memorable experience. I now realize that trying to see Athens on our own would have been a mistake. Thank you Makis - for making our tour of Athens the highlight of our vacation.

Visited August 2013

--

http://www.privategreecetours.com

We used PK travel for our party of three. Arrived at the Acropolis before the crowds, hit all the major sites, and ended our day at La Plaka before being driven back to the ship. Our driver George was waiting for us at the pier, was friendly and knowledgeable. Will use them again if we return.

Know that in Greece there is a big difference between knowledgable drivers and actual licensed tour guides. The former are not allowed to enter the sites with you; the latter have very strict licensing requirements and are much harder to find.

With most of the sites a first-time visitor to Athens would visit located within pedestrian-only areas, we have relied on our Rick Steves' guidebook and the excellent English label copy at the main museums to tour there.

Edited by CintiPam

Know that in Greece there is a big difference between knowledgable drivers and actual licensed tour guides. The former are not allowed to enter the sites with you; the latter have very strict licensing requirements and are much harder to find.

With most of the sites a first-time visitor to Athens would visit located within pedestrian-only areas, we have relied on our Rick Steves' guidebook and the excellent English label copy at the main museums to tour there.

So true! We used Rick Steve's Guide To Med Cruise ports.

It was a godsend.