Helicopter advice.....

CoolChange37

We are on the POA May 30 and want to book a multi-island Helicopter Tour package on Maui and Kauai while we are in port. Blue Hawaiian offers a 10% discount for booking two. Can anyone that has traveled with them or another company give some feedback? Thanks so much!

Blue Hawaiian is a very good company - we've done heli tours with them on both Maui and Kauai. On Maui, I think the most scenic tour with them is the West Maui and Molokai one. Can't remember exactly what they offer on Kauai, but any tour that takes in both Waimea Canyon and the Napali Coast will be incredibly scenic.

If it's within your budget, we felt that the Eco Star helicopter was worth the extra cost.

• 3 weeks later...

We did Blue Hawaiian on the Big Island, the Doors Off Tour. While I was completely terrified of having the doors off, I have to say all of the folks involved in the tour were quite nice and courteous. I'm a bigger gal and it might sound silly to some people, but it def went through my mind "Oh great, how will I fit??". I felt very comfortable with the weigh in and placement on the helicopter.

It was a great tour, expensive (over $400 total) but in my opinion well worth it for what we saw and the time we were in the air. The pilot asked if we wanted to go past the cruise ship and take pics, which we did. He was so nice!

Next time I want some doors!