Tru Bahamian Food Tour

Beeslilmama

HI all!

I did this tour in May 2014 & really enjoyed it. It was a bit of a walk to the pick up point by the Church across from the Pirate Museum but I finally found it (I'm a bit directionally challenged:o)

The food stops were great & we saw a lot of downtown Nassau.The Graycliff Hotel & chocolate shop was lovely. I liked it so much I wouldn't mind doing it again some time. The guide Claire was very nice & informative.

Hope this helps.

~ Jo ~ :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Will be doing it on March 1; will report back. Gets great reviews and were was an excellent article on it in the Washington Post a while back.

Reporting back from our tour on March 1. Had a great tour with Nick who combined LOTS of historic and cultural information with a good dose of humor and personality. First stop was a really great local lunch at the off-the-beaten-path restaurant, Bahamian Cookin'. We will definitely go there when in Nassau again. We had four more stops for tastings including conch chowder, greek salad, and Bahama-made chocolates, hot sauces, jams, beer and rum cake. We were quite full by the end of the tour. Highly recommend this tour. One caution: there is not that much walking but there are a fair number of stairs to climb--not for the mobility impaired. Also, would think kids younger than 16 would be bored.

Hi all!

Well, I've done it, booked this tour again! I really liked it last time & the guide & group will be different so that'll be the change. Bahamian Cookin' gets really good reviews on TA as does the tour. Looking forward to doing it again on April 20!

Did anybody get a chance to go into the Church we meet in front of? If so, is it worth seeing? TIA.

Hi all!

Well, I've done it, booked this tour again! I really liked it last time & the guide & group will be different so that'll be the change. Bahamian Cookin' gets really good reviews on TA as does the tour. Looking forward to doing it again on April 20!

Did anybody get a chance to go into the Church we meet in front of? If so, is it worth seeing? TIA.

Have fun on your April tour!

Yes, we were at the Food Tour meeting site a bit early and stopped into the Gothic-style Christ Church Cathedral. It is the seat of the Anglican church in the Bahamas. And I think the present church dates from the late 1700s. The stained glass windows are lovely. It is definitely with a look.

There is a very nice little garden to the right side of the cathedral that you can see from the street but the gates were locked that day.