hyatt pier 66

rrunner

I have booked 3 nights at the Hyatt Pier 66 Fort Lauderdale using points for our January 2018 cruise. I am just reading on line that the hotel has been sold. Hyatt tells me they know nothing about the sell - that the booking will be honored - anyone else booked there for next year?

I recommend checking Trip Advisor for reviews of this property.

Yes, I've been hearing for at least a year that the property has been "sold." Apparently the rooms are in need of an overhaul. Everyone likes the pool area a lot, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have booked 3 nights at the Hyatt Pier 66 Fort Lauderdale using points for our January 2018 cruise. I am just reading on line that the hotel has been sold. Hyatt tells me they know nothing about the sell - that the booking will be honored - anyone else booked there for next year?

I doubt you will have any problems. Pier 66 is a resort with plenty of prime acreage that I am sure the new owners would like to develop into apartments and condos leaving the Pier 66 in place and most likely the centerpiece. Besides, not much can happen with something like this in 6 months.

Since you are going to be there for 3 days, will you have a rental car? The Pier 66 charges quite a bit for parking.

Using Hyatt points was a nice bonus - an $800.00 plus saving in January. We do not rent a car - get around via the water taxi. We liked the tower rooms at the hotel and view of the ships sailing in and out.