Why do you cruise repeatedly?

bluejay555

My father died of a sudden heart attack in 1997. He was 67 years old and had only been retired for 18 months after working at a steel mill for 42 years. He always said, " when I retire I'm going to...." He had lots of big plans for his golden years and never got to do one of them :( My husband and I decided then and there that we were going to travel and enjoy life and not put it off for our retirement. 2 months later we booked our 1st cruise and have done 30+ since then, always sending up a little prayer of thanks to my father!

Cruising is like a great hotel vacation.....with beautiful surrounding.......without sameness.

Cruising is like flying TWA in the 60's........with smiling faces offering anything you need.........without the tiny food trays.

Cruising is like RVing......with many places to see........without gray water.

Cruising is like going to the cottage on the lake.......with water and stars......without the dishes.

Cruising is like going to famous places.......with great cities and magnificent views........and then ANOTHER one, and ANOTHER one........

Ahhhhhhh.

I went on my first cruise to attend a friends wedding and got hooked, the bed made, the food cooked for me, the plates washed and cleaned, the sea, clear and blue, and well need I say more? We would rent a beach house for 1200, and still have to cook and clean, and if we wanted something other than our cooking, we had to pay a ton to eat, so value wise, travel wise, food wise,??? we are hooked. Had a cruise last November, have one scheduled for September, one for next January and one next early fall for Alaska. Life is too short to stand in the same place.

It is the only civilized way to travel these days....flying is just like being crammed in a bus. Our next two cruises take us over to Europe and back with a long stay in Europe between the cruises. And, with an 18 day cruise over through Iceland, Greenland and Norway and a 28 day cruise back with stops in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean we have much more interesting travel than trying to sleep on a plane.