I am looking for ....

PurpleDog

I am looking for an excursion in Grand Cayman that would allow our party of 4 to go somewhere to snorkel and swim.

I will be there in November 2014 on the Carnival Paradise.

Yes, I realize that there many Carnival excursions that do snorkeling but I am trying to find one that is a bit more highend or exclusive .. ie: not as crowded.

I am hoping to find a trip that:

* has perhaps a limit of 24 people on the boat

* that will allow us to simply float around and/or snorkel & get some sun for 3-4 hours.

* that has a fresh water shower to clean off after the salt water

* that has decent reviews from past guests

If anyone out there has been on the Silver Moon catamaran in Barbados, what I am trying to find is a experience like that - only in Grand Cayman =)

Thanks in advance ...

Edited by PurpleDog

Stingray Sailing is a first-class operation. Very friendly - great catamaran. Very relaxing excursion. Not crowded as they limit passengers. I highly recommend them!

I agree with Stingray Sailing. While we never go to go with them (bad weather once in port) they were awesome to work with and extremely flexible. When we go back, we will definitely try to use them again.

I am hoping to find a trip that:

* has perhaps a limit of 24 people on the boat

* that will allow us to simply float around and/or snorkel & get some sun for 3-4 hours.

* that has a fresh water shower to clean off after the salt water

* that has decent reviews from past guests

Thanks in advance ...

Just returned from Grand Cayman last week. We used Soto's Cruise and they were FANTASTIC! only 13 people total on the boat, snorkeled the Coral Gardens for a while, stopped at Stingray City and Starfish Point on the way back. Freshwater shower on the boat for rinsing off. This was my favorite day of the whole cruise!

What was the fee for the Soto's trip?

Thanks!!

It was $35/pp, my DD (2) was free. Booked through triptelligent. It was WELL worth the money for the trip. This is more family oriented so no free alcohol like some other trips give, but that was fine for us!

Wow, thanks for all the info everyone. Now I cant decide between StingRay Sailing and Sotos. =)

Did each of these boats have water and/or sodas available for purchase ?

And how long to each of the the trips last ?

I am not as interested in the stingrays as I am just being able to float around, relax, and maybe take some photos.

Edited by PurpleDog

Wow, thanks for all the info everyone. Now I cant decide between StingRay Sailing and Sotos. =)

Did each of these boats have water and/or sodas available for purchase ?

And how long to each of the the trips last ?

I am not as interested in the stingrays as I am just being able to float around, relax, and maybe take some photos.

Soto's had water and fruit punch available for free. The total time was about 4-4.5 hours from pick up to drop off. We had a couple of people that never got off the boat, content to just stay and take pictures, the stop at Starfish Point is absolutely one of the most beautiful scenes ever! The water there is only about ankle deep though, so no floating around at that stop! The other two are fine for that however.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for all the help folks.

I went to book StingRay Sailing, and these appears to be some confusion regarding the time that the Carnival Paradise arrives in port. Daylight Savings time ends in the USA on 11.2.14. When I booked this sailing, the Paradise itinerary said we would be in Grand Cayman from 8-3. It now says 9-4. If it is 9-4 then we would not have enough time to get off the boat and meet the StingRay Sailing people.

I called Michelle at StingRay Sailing and she was very nice. She is checking into it for me.

• 4 weeks later...

It turns out that the Carnival Paradise does not dock until 9am on November 12, 2014.

That means we cannot catch Sotos or StingRay Sailings.

Does anyone know of an excursion that leaves at 1000-1030 am that we could take ?

Thanks !

Edited by PurpleDog

I used a company called Nativeway Tours. We did the 3 stop boat trip...Stingray City, Snorkeling, Rum Point...But I know they will work with you on what you would like to do.

They had a cooler with water/fruit punch available and before we left snorkeling the captain took our food order and when we got to Rum Point our dinner was waiting for us, it was all included in the price, all we did was tip the man for the most incredible day of our trip.

If I could figure out how to post a pic I would