Where is QM2?

turquoise 6

Not saying they should never cross in the winter but the idea that the QM2 making an annual world cruise is "wasting" this ship is IMO unsupported by current cruise ship market demand and the mission to provide safe, comfortable and luxurious service to passengers

Very true, there is no need for dead of winter crossings. But still we are proud to have qualified for the Winter Crossing Club thanks to the westbound crossing we enjoyed December 15-22, 2012. The force 11 gale that QM2 calmly sliced through the night of December 18-19 was icing on the cake (but not on deck).

Yes, I know about those December crossings. They are quite formidable. The best is dancing in G32 until the wee hours with the dance floor wildly swaying and bouncing! It's great fun.

The only problem is it is not easy to sleep when the ship is lurching insanely. Also, when the wind reaches force 11, even the best seasickness meds can fail, and the crew become ill as well.

It's still March until Tuesday. The first Transatlantic is on 9th May and from Southampton.

What about the January crossings? There was a New York to Southampton crossing on January 3, 2014 on QM2, and there will be a January crossing in 2015 (as there was in 2013) as well.

So QM2 does crossings every month of the year except February and March. In 2015 there will be a crossing in April.

I do admit though, they have slowed down. There were usually crossings twice a month up until a few years ago, now they're only once a month.

I rest My case. March April , the point is there

Are not sailings until May.:)

Hi turquoise 6,

As you've been waiting such a long time for a QM2 crossing (January, February, March and April) I presume you are booked on the first available crossing (May 9th) and you are looking forward with excitement to being on board again so soon after your westbound crossing in December '13 and your eastbound in January '14 (you were on both weren't you, as you are so keen on winter crossings? I'm so sorry to have missed meeting you on the December '13 crossing :o ) .

Since the time, one year ago, when you started this thread, on the very same subject, I expect you've made many crossings on QM2, good weather and bad, lucky you :) .

I look forward to meeting you on board in May. The M&G is on the 10th, Commodore Club, 2pm. I'll be there, and it will be great to meet you :) .

Happy sailings for the future :) .

Edited by pepperrn

What about the January crossings? There was a New York to Southampton crossing on January 3, 2014 on QM2, and there will be a January crossing in 2015 (as there was in 2013) as well.

Yes, but I didn't say it was the first one this year. I was replying to the following question:

Does anyone have any idea when the

RMS Queen Mary 2 resume the Transatlantic schedule?

Not saying they should never cross in the winter but the idea that the QM2 making an annual world cruise is "wasting" this ship is IMO unsupported by current cruise ship market demand and the mission to provide safe, comfortable and luxurious service to passengers

Hi. There are 2 cruise ships from Cunard,QV & QE doing the world cruise

As I said the QM2 should do transatlantic , or with some Caribbean cruises from

New York

Hi turquoise 6,

As you've been waiting such a long time for a QM2 crossing (January, February, March and April) I presume you are booked on the first available crossing (May 9th) and you are looking forward with excitement to being on board again so soon after your westbound crossing in December '13 and your eastbound in January '14 (you were on both weren't you, as you are so keen on winter crossings? I'm so sorry to have missed meeting you on the December '13 crossing :o ) .

Since the time, one year ago, when you started this thread, on the very same subject, I expect you've made many crossings on QM2, good weather and bad, lucky you :) .

I look forward to meeting you on board in May. The M&G is on the 10th, Commodore Club, 2pm. I'll be there, and it will be great to meet you :) .

Hi Pepperrn Well thank you for your considerate reply

I did a transatlantic last March , to Uk on the Queen Elizabeth

Then I did the July 4 celebration on QM2

I have sailed on the NCl ships this winter and have a

Transatlantic crossing , maybe, on HAL this Spring

Thank you for your invitation to meet this May. I will not be able to make it

But I look forward to meeting at another time on the QM2

We do know each other from here on CC

And I am a big fan of you . Your pictures are

Wonderful and when I feel I need to be on the

QM2, I look at your pictures :)

My pleasure

Very true, there is no need for dead of winter crossings. But still we are proud to have qualified for the Winter Crossing Club thanks to the westbound crossing we enjoyed December 15-22, 2012. The force 11 gale that QM2 calmly sliced through the night of December 18-19 was icing on the cake (but not on deck).

That's what it's all about . The QM2 in seas she was meant to sail in :);)

R

So does that mean if the Atlantic is calm there should be no crossing that week?

Correct

Effective immediately the QM2 will.be held in Southhampton or Brooklyn and sailings will.only be scheduled during midwinter or when hurricanes, monsoons and icebergs are in the forecast and preferably into the teeth of the storms at 35 knots so that passengers will be miserable and seasick for 3 1/2 days to prove she is a "liner" and not a "cruise ship".

That is the new Cunard business model

Commodore Turquoise 6 and Captains Bligh and Queeg presiding on the bridge

Edited by seavoyager6

The waters in that pic look way way way too calm. QM2 is a LINER and should only be allowed to dock or anchor in seas higher than 8 feet!!!

Interesting fact. Thanks for the update

Hong Kong a magnificent harbor :rolleyes:

R

Correct

Effective immediately the QM2 will.be held in Southhampton or Brooklyn and sailings will.only be scheduled during midwinter or when hurricanes, monsoons and icebergs are in the forecast and preferably into the teeth of the storms at 35 knots so that passengers will be miserable and seasick for 3 1/2 days to prove she is a "liner" and not a "cruise ship".

That is the new Cunard business model

Commodore Turquoise 6 and Captains Bligh and Queeg presiding on the bridge

I second that !!!!!

:D

So does that mean if the Atlantic is calm there should be no crossing that week?

Sorry I didn't respond sooner , but

I was cruising in the Bahamas on the

Breakaway

No , it means what I said .

The Qm2 is an ocean liner built for sailing in rough

Seas. As you know . :rolleyes:

The Qm2 sails in all weather conditions LOL

Hi turquoise 6,

You have a sarcastic overtone in your blog

This really isn't necessary to attact me because

Of my post "Where is the QM2"

I don't have to sail on the QM2 when YOU choose

And if I haven't sailed on the sailings you say I should have

Doesn't make me any less a Cunarder.

I am a Diamond Member.

I have to let you know that because of

My post Where is QM2, there will be

By popular demand round trip sailings

From New York

I look forward at a *mutual convience sailing

For a drink in commodore .

Smooth sailings

Amazing trip. I wonder who will board the QM2

In Singapore ? Where does the QM2 go from Singapore?

I think Sri Lanka, Malaysia again, India, Dubai and up through Suez, into Egypt, Mediterranean then Southampton and New York. Only 75 pax did the complete WC. One lady I spoke to frequently in the exercise class said they were about to book the WC again for 2015. Lucky Duck.

I think Sri Lanka, Malaysia again, India, Dubai and up through Suez, into Egypt, Mediterranean then Southampton and New York. Only 75 pax did the complete WC. One lady I spoke to frequently in the exercise class said they were about to book the WC again for 2015. Lucky Duck.

Very interesting . 75 pax did the whole WC

That's a long time to be away from reality for some

The segment now via the Suez is a real dream cruise

I did not realize the QM2 sailed through the Suez

Edited by turquoise 6