Novotel Mestre, Venice

Norwegian Cruiser 73

We stay at the Best Western Hotel Bologna in Mestre which is located within 50 meters of the train station. Travel to and from Venice is quick and easy by train and cost about €2,00 each way last year.

The Novotel Venezia Mestre is about 3.1km from the train station...too far to walk after a day in Venice IMHO. There is likely a bus that would take you from the area of your hotel to Piazzale Roma. A taxi would cost about €30,00 each way.

Lew

Is it easy to travel to and from Venice by public transport and how much does a taxi costs?

Thank's a lot :)

We stayed at the Novotel Mestre. We found it annoying to get there from VCE airport via public bus, but the public bus from the hotel to Piazza Roma was very easy. I don't know the cost of a taxi, because we only used the public bus, including the day we traveled from the hotel to embark on the cruise.

Good evening from Norway :)

Someone with experience from this hotel outside Venice? Is it easy to travel to and from Venice by public transport and how much does a taxi costs?

Thank's a lot :)

Why not stay in Venice and make it much easier? Nice hotels in the Piazza Roma area that are not expensive in my opinion.

We arrive the night before our cruise and are considering staying the night at the Best Western Bologna in Mestre. Question ... if we take a taxi the next morning to our ship, can the taxi take us directly to the cruise terminal or will it be required to drop us at Piazza Roma? From google earth I can see there are roads that lead across the causeway and directly to the cruise terminal, but all conversations about this topic seem to center around Piazza Roma as the solution. Thanks.

We'll be staying at the Mestre Novotel on March 11-13 and can report back afterwards. We'll dive to Italy by car, so a hotel that is easily accessible and offers moderately priced parking definitely is attractive.

The Novotel is also one of the few hotels that offer rooms for four, which is important since our kids are just 9 and 6, so too young to be in a room alone.

We will park at the cruise terminal for the duration of the cruise, but it is my understanding that parking in Venice is very expensive otherwise, so we are looking to take the bus or hotel shuttle into Venice on the 12th.

We are at this Novotel now. It is a normal modern and clean Novotel, that fully lives up to what one can expect from this chain.

Passes for public transport, are sold directly at the hotel. We got a 12 hour pass for unlimited usace of busses and boats.

The bus stop five minutes from the hotel and from there it's 25 minutes to Pizzale Roma.

The hotel is very easy to reach from the highway and offers free snd paid parking.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We stayed at the Hotel Tritone in Mestre and our DD and family had a room for four. Would highly recommend.

Hi, we are staying there in May..a couple of questions if you don't mind :)

Was that a pre cruise or post cruise stay ? If it was pre, how did you get there from the airport ? How did you get to the cruise port from the hotel ?

Thank you so much for the help.:)

Frank

Thank you all for good information, helps a lot :) A room is booked.

Why not stay in Venice and make it much easier? Nice hotels in the Piazza Roma area that are not expensive in my opinion.

My parents are driving from Norway and it was important for them to find a hotel with easy access with their car as well as parking during the stay :)

Hi, we are staying there in May..a couple of questions if you don't mind :)

Was that a pre cruise or post cruise stay ? If it was pre, how did you get there from the airport ? How did you get to the cruise port from the hotel ?

Thank you so much for the help.:)

Frank

It was post cruise and since there were six of us we hired private van and driver both to get from ship to hotel and then hotel to Airport two days later.I seem to remember it was 50 € each leg.. It is very easy drive to get there from airport and the train station and bus stop are right across the street..public transportation was not a good option for us as we had children and some heavy packers in iur group, but I think it would be easy.

I would just take a taxi if you don't want to bother with bus...we saw lots of them

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

It was post cruise and since there were six of us we hired private van and driver both to get from ship to hotel and then hotel to Airport two days later.I seem to remember it was 50 € each leg.. It is very easy drive to get there from airport and the train station and bus stop are right across the street..public transportation was not a good option for us as we had children and some heavy packers in iur group, but I think it would be easy.

I would just take a taxi if you don't want to bother with bus...we saw lots of them

Thanks for the information.

Frank