Cuba Cruise

LeeMe

Hello

I am doing the Cuba Cruise for the first time with 3 other family members on January 5, 2015 and I would love to hear from anyone who has done the cruise about the options for excursions that are not booked through the ship.

For instance the Dolphinarium. Is it doable without doing it through the ship?

From the things I have been reading it sounds like there's no way to get anywhere on the day we stop in Punta Frances. All there is that day is a beach?

And the Antilla day I read somewhere that there's literally nothing you can do unless yo u do it through the ship. Is that true. Cant catch a cab or anything?

How about Montego bay. I have actually been to Montego Bay and stayed there for 2 days and had a great time but didn't really do excursions from there.

I also read about the Castle Roca del morro, that it was really worth doing. Is that something that is easily accessed? It looks like it would be but thought I would ask. Where is the best snorkeling on this cruise?

What about Havana? suggestions?

Also, my daughters would like to bring things to give away to the Cuban people ( children mostly ). Has anyone done something like that and how would I go about it? Or would that be taboo?

Edited by LeeMe
want to add more

I doubt any of us can be much help...never heard of the cruise line.

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/fromhavanacuba-jan2015.html

Perhaps asking on the Ports of Call boards that might include Cuba would get you some answers.

Ahhh...Cuba Cruise is a travel agency from Canada, and the ship is Louis Cristal. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

The ship is the Louis Cristal, here is the website for it. Apparently they have chartered it for these cruises.

http://www.yourcubacruise.com/YourShip.aspx

For Americans, the ship departs from either Havana or Montego bay, Jamaica, and Cuba does not stamp American Passports, hint, hint. You can fly USA to Montego bay, take the cruise and no one will be the wiser.