Private Tour for Bangkok

danny8826

Just back from Celebrity Millennium cruise. We used two companies from Laem Chabang port. First day went with 'TourwithTong' into Bangkok. Great day, and recommended tour. Only negative remark is that Tong is extremely hard to contact ie in replying to emails. I had to ring a few times. web site is http://tourwithtong.com/ The second day we used Mike from Bangkok Asia Travel, and went into and around Pattaya. This was a fabulous tour, and one we totally recommend. His email replies were always prompt and informative. Here is his web site...note the section for cruise ship tours. http://www.bangkokasiatravel.com/product-en-778594-Cruise+Ship.html

Both Mike and Tong drive to the port from Bangkok, and both were waiting for us to disembark. Very happy with both companies. btw there is a neat large shop within the port building for any last minute souveniers/clothing/shoes/handbags etc. Allow an hour for the ladies to browse!

Just wanted to add re the Tong Tour. We selected the BLH5 tour....http://tourwithtong.com/Bangkok_Highlights.htm The highlights were the Grand Palace (not to be missed) and the Canal Tour. We liked all the Buddha's too, but by the last one we were all Buddha'ed-out. Suggest you only see perhaps two of the Buddha's.

The second day tour with Bangkok Asia Travel to Pattaya was perfect.

Edited by bobhsv
more info

Our ship will dock at Laem Chabang.

Could someone please suggest a private tour company for Bangkok that they have use before?

Thank you.

Danny

We used the "Thai Tour Guide" (http://www.thaitourguide.com) in March 2013. We (2 couples) had a fantastic tour and we would highly recommend them. Our personal guide was Mr. George (and a driver) and they were excellent.

We were picked up at Laem Chabang in a very comfortable van for the ride to Bangkok. We visited the Royal Grand Palace, The Royal Temple and The Temple of the Reclining Buddha in the morning... In the afternoon we did a private long-tail boat canal tour and the Flowers/Vegetable market. We were dropped off at our hotel (Citypoint Hotel - on our own). The next morning we did Maeklong Railway Market, the Damnern Saduak Floating Markets (old & new) and visited the Elephant Village. We were back to Laem Chabang to board the ship in plenty of time. It was an absolutely wonderful experience and Mr. George's knowledge and enthusiasm was a great plus.

Bangkok is an amazing city.

We used Exotissimo, a major tour company in Thailand. This was part of a larger tour, so don't know if they'll do a single day in Bangkok, but they were great, very reliable, and our guide, Alex, was excellent.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

We used Air for three days. A day and a half on the cruise and an extra day afterwards for an out-of-town expedition. Excellent. You can book her through Tours by Locals or directly -

http://www.bkktours.com/day-trips.html

We liked that we used a combo of air conditioned van with local transport - ferry, boat trip, tuk tuk. Knowledgable and personable.

• 2 months later...

Hi late reply but just looking through for some cruise information. Me and my partner have hired Wandee for a few tours in and around Bangkok. Consistently reliable and very good company. She goes out if her way to ensure guests have a good time and get what they expect from her tours. She seems to go that extra mile to help. My lady was not 100% on one day! Wandee did all she could to help and in the evening after our tours had finished followed up with a phone call, good girl. If it helps her contact is wandee@wandeetours.com I am sure you won't be disappointed

• 2 weeks later...
Hi late reply but just looking through for some cruise information. Me and my partner have hired Wandee for a few tours in and around Bangkok. Consistently reliable and very good company. She goes out if her way to ensure guests have a good time and get what they expect from her tours. She seems to go that extra mile to help. My lady was not 100% on one day! Wandee did all she could to help and in the evening after our tours had finished followed up with a phone call, good girl. If it helps her contact is wandee@wandeetours.com I am sure you won't be disappointed

We also used Wandee very successfully and had a wonderful 3 days in Bangkok before we sailed to Beijing. Phan was our guide and she spoke English well and knew her stuff. She also provided COLD water and cold clothes that were just about the most heavenly things on earth (that heat is just different level of intensity than I had survived before:eek:) One of my favorite places was the last day she just added the fruit and vegetable and flower market -- so wonderful -- a totally different experience! You can see on Wandee's website the tours that she offers and then she will plan one for your interests and time schedule. We had 3 and 1/2 days and were never bored. Arrangements were just what we planned. Liked it so much recommended it 6 months later to friends and they loved Wandee too -- big laugh when Phan was shown her picture with us in native dress by our friends. Have a great trip -- Bangkok and the area around it is fascinating.