T10 Card-Silly Question

Sheal

Hi,

I saw that this is an option to save some money by purchasing this card valid for 10 tickets. My question is, for our group, how would we use it since it is a card and not a booklet of tickets? First person inserts it into the turnstile, goes through and hands it off to the next person who does the same and so on?

Thanks,

Sheal

Yes, it works even if you change transport system.

For example if 5 of you go to the subway, and then use a bus, you have to put it 5 times in each. The second time it wont charge you a ride, yet you have to validate it. You have 90 minutes or so to make changes, and cannot repeat a transport system (for example, twice on the subway in that time frame).

Thanks for the quick response.

I think I understand the first part. We have to swipe it whenever we use any sort of public transportation during our 90 minute trip.

But, I'm a bit confuse about using it twice within the 90 minutes. Say we want to take the subway from our apt. in Eixample to the Placa de Catalunya to explore La Rambla. If we finish up in less than 90 minutes what happens? I thought that we would swipe our card again thus using another ticket. For our group of 5 the T10 card would then be used up. Would we have to stand outside until the 90 minutes is up?:confused:

Sheal

It's 75 minutes actually. The system it's not intended for you to save a second ride, it's intended for you to be able to switch between different transport options without having to worry who operates the line.

That is because the subway and buses are operated by TMB, the regional trains are operated by FGC and some other lines as well. So with the integrated ticket you can combine different means of public transportation in 75 for the zone 1 (the city proper).

If you just use the subway, you have to insert the card 5 times in the machine. The information is registered in a magnetic band, and when you change to a bus for instance you have to insert the card 5 times again, but since the card wil have been validated first in the subway, it will validate again without consuming further rides.

Why validate twice? because and inspector can come and the card will have the information to verify you have used it well.

Take a look at this

http://www.atm.cat/web/en/sistema/sistematarifariintegrat.php