hyatt in new orleans ??

scrapmytravels5

I haven't stayed at this particular Hyatt Place but I really like the brand. They have a nice set up and a nice complimentary breakfast in the morning. It is not a full service hotel as in full room service and bellman etc but finding rooms at a reasonable rate that sleep 5 is a challenge. I would go for it. Check out the pictures on tripadvisor if you want a better look at the room

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60864-d93230-Reviews-Hyatt_Place_New_Orleans_Convention_Center-New_Orleans_Louisiana.html#photos

I meant to say hyatt place on convention blvd.

We stayed there the night before our cruise this last March. It is very nice. VERY close to the Fulton Parking Garage and is what the hotel uses for its valet parking. Several of the employees of the parking garage also work at the Hyatt Place. We actually parked our vehicle at Fulton and then checked into the hotel. We did not have to worry about the vehicle again until after the cruise.

The free breakfast was very nice and well attended. The rooms are nice and would be on par with any Marriott, Hilton, etc. but no room service or anything like that. They have a little area by the front desk where you can get sodas, beers, and sandwiches. I think they even have some items they cook for you in a little oven but it is more for snacking than meals.

I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

We stayed there the night before our cruise this last March. It is very nice. VERY close to the Fulton Parking Garage and is what the hotel uses for its valet parking. Several of the employees of the parking garage also work at the Hyatt Place. We actually parked our vehicle at Fulton and then checked into the hotel. We did not have to worry about the vehicle again until after the cruise.

The free breakfast was very nice and well attended. The rooms are nice and would be on par with any Marriott, Hilton, etc. but no room service or anything like that. They have a little area by the front desk where you can get sodas, beers, and sandwiches. I think they even have some items they cook for you in a little oven but it is more for snacking than meals.

I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks so much

• 1 month later...
How far is it from the Hyatt Place to the French Quarter and how far to the cruise port? Is it walkable?

15-20 min to FQ, 5-10 to cruise port. Walking to the FQ is fine. I would not walk to the pier with luggage, but without would be ok. Streets in the port area are not good for foot traffic with luggage. Cabs to the port are about $7 or so.

Just to add a little more detail to this:

Walking from Hyatt Place to Iberville Street & Bourbon Street which I consider the start of the Bourbon Street strip is a 1 mile walk so about 20 minutes. Because of traffic and lights it ends up being a $10-$12 cab ride if you go that route.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...