Deck 4 cabin question

tempusfugits

Hello,

We're booked in a sheltered balcony (4032) which is on the port side towards the front of the ship. Someone in another post somewhere (I've lost track) warned that deck 4 cabins are very noisy. :eek:

Can't tell from the deck plans but this cabin looks like it is above (somewhere) in between where Illuminations ends and the Theatre starts.

Any feedback re the noise factor from anyone who has been in or around cabin 4032 would be appreciated.

Hello,

We're booked in a sheltered balcony (4032) which is on the port side towards the front of the ship. Someone in another post somewhere (I've lost track) warned that deck 4 cabins are very noisy. :eek:

Can't tell from the deck plans but this cabin looks like it is above (somewhere) in between where Illuminations ends and the Theatre starts.

Any feedback re the noise factor from anyone who has been in or around cabin 4032 would be appreciated.

We were in 4015, starboard side a bit more forward. Ours was very quiet. No complaints about the cabin.

You might hear the anchor chain rattling when they drop anchor, and the bow thruster when coming off a pier, but both of those are very short in duration. The bonus is that you'll be able to hear the bow wave most of the time.

We love that "wooossshhh" of the bow wave. Very relaxing (imho).:D

Hello,

No problem at all, great deck and location.

Yesterday, we returned from a B2B Transatlanic after staying for 15 nights in 4065.

Before we embarked, we had concerns about noise from the Royal Court Theatre down below especially from one of the James Taylor concerts which started late into the evening.

In the end, there was no problem and we found the stateroom location very convenient indeed.

Hello, We're booked in a sheltered balcony (4032) which is on the port side towards the front of the ship. Someone in another post somewhere (I've lost track) warned that deck 4 cabins are very noisy. :eek: Can't tell from the deck plans but this cabin looks like it is above (somewhere) in between where Illuminations ends and the Theatre starts.

Hi tempusfugits,

Below 4032 is an open lobby with little or no noise issues. In all my voyages on QM2 I've never heard loud noises here. Illuminations Theatre is a little way forward and Royal Court Theatre is immediately aft. Both are mainly inboard of 4032.

Photos of this lobby can be found in at the end of this set:

As you can see, this area, directly below your cabin, is merely a lobby/corridor. I hope the photos help and maybe reassure you.

(I've had a Deck 4 cabin a little way aft of 4032 and directly over the Royal Court Theatre. I heard the low "thump-thump" of music (if I listened carefully) from the theatre occasionally in the afternoon (rehearsals) and during the evenings, but never at night. Not once did this prevent me from sleeping (it finished before I retired for the evening))

All best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

Hi Pepperrn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a great description of the general area, as well as the area below the cabin we have booked for our upcoming cruise. It is so kind of you to have also posted photos of the area is question.

After reading your post any lingering qualms we might have had are put to rest, as we look forward to our upcoming cruise.

Hope you are having a wonderful voyage. Thanks again!

Okay, I walked around the corner and scouted that area.

4032 has a crew stairway directly opposite the door and next door is storage, I presume for room stewards.

4034 has the fire door which folds into the wall directly opposite this doorway.

I have the matching crew stairway near me and yes you do occasionally hear it slamming, I notice it early in the morning.

Okay, I walked around the corner and scouted that area.

4032 has a crew stairway directly opposite the door and next door is storage, I presume for room stewards.

4034 has the fire door which folds into the wall directly opposite this doorway.

I have the matching crew stairway near me and yes you do occasionally hear it slamming, I notice it early in the morning.

Thank you so much for your helpful info. As a result of your scouting expedition, you and I now know more about the topic than anyone I spoke to at Cunard.

Very interested in this thread as we have booked a Sheltered Balcony Guarantee so waiting to see what we are assigned.

First time Cunard cruiser so I'm soaking up as much information as I can.

I'm amused to read that Cunard posters have similar complaints to other cruise lines. Thank you to all posters for taking the time to report both positive & negative aspects of your cruise experience.

We can't wait to experience QM2 next year!

Gae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by gaechann

Thank you so much for your helpful info. As a result of your scouting expedition, you and I now know more about the topic than anyone I spoke to at Cunard.

You are welcome, I am rarely impressed with shore-side but in their defense they have never been aboard the ship, in fact almost all have never even seen the ship!

Hello,

I gather from the mention of Illuminations in your post that you are on QM2. In another post I mentioned the noise in forward deck 4 cabins on QV. You might be thinking of that post.

It sounds from all the information that Deck 4 on QM2 is fine. That's good as I'll be going on QM2 in December and I don't have a room allocation yet but I've been told it will be sheltered balcony. If it's Deck 4 then I won't panic. ;)

• 2 weeks later...