Seattle airport information after cruise....

Jetswdo

For those of you who are familiar with Seattle airport after your cruise:

We have TSA pre check--- We are flying Delta to LAX ---- I think concourse A terminal,not really sure.

I believe security check point 1 is for cruise passengers only, but no TSA pre check. Are cruise ship passengers required to only use that check point? If so, then no use of TSA pre check? Or would we be sent to checkpoint 2 that does have TSA pre check.

Also- we will want to eat lunch before getting on the airplane. Supposedly the main food court has the most selections (I am diabetic and will need to eat before getting on airplane, which leaves around 2:00). Is it easy to navigate the food court area after going through security, before heading to terminal A or B or S?

Any way, I am just trying to understand how SEATAC works! Thanks, Anita

For those of you who are familiar with Seattle airport after your cruise:

We have TSA pre check--- We are flying Delta to LAX ---- I think concourse A terminal,not really sure.

I believe security check point 1 is for cruise passengers only, but no TSA pre check. Are cruise ship passengers required to only use that check point? If so, then no use of TSA pre check? Or would we be sent to checkpoint 2 that does have TSA pre check.

Also- we will want to eat lunch before getting on the airplane. Supposedly the main food court has the most selections (I am diabetic and will need to eat before getting on airplane, which leaves around 2:00). Is it easy to navigate the food court area after going through security, before heading to terminal A or B or S?

Any way, I am just trying to understand how SEATAC works! Thanks, Anita

Security check point 1 is for anyone. You should be able to use any check point you prefer, including your Pre-check. The distance between 1 and 2 is pretty small, however.

SeaTac has lots of great food choices. The biggest area is in the central terminal, but you will find food in terminal A, as well (or whichever you end up flying out of).

I've always found SeaTac to be easy to navigate. I hope you do, too. Have a great trip!

Oh, here's a link to a good map of the inside of the airport. I'm a big fan of maps. :D

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Maps-and-Directions/PublishingImages/AD_terminal_overview_20161107_1200px.png

Checkpoint 1 is where the big shuttle buses drop off their passengers, specifically cruise line transfers. Passengers aren't required to use that checkpoint, but people tend to herd at airports, so they line up at the first checkpoint they see.

At SeaTac you can use any checkpoint; they aren't specific to any gate or airline.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Maps-and-Directions/Pages/Security-Checkpoints.aspx

I thought Delta used a satellite terminal, S.

Do a Flight Status check for your travel day .... usually it will tell you which gate the flight is departing from.

I think SeaTac is pretty well signed. But this map shows you the food options at available in each area of the airport.

http://seatacshops.com/eat/

I've run into where TSA-Precheck was only at one of the security lines (#3 I think) but went very fast and once on the sterile side everything and all gates are available. Lots of good food options. When the timing is right we like Anthony's for seafood.

I've run into where TSA-Precheck was only at one of the security lines (#3 I think) but went very fast and once on the sterile side everything and all gates are available. Lots of good food options. When the timing is right we like Anthony's for seafood.

Precheck is 4. 3 is dead center of the food area and only security open 24/7. Delta is flying out of A and S gates.

I prefer the Ivars fish bar in the main food area.

We can't tell if it is A or S. Lately it looks like it is A terminal for flights to Los Angeles. But either way the food reviews were horrilble for all but at the main terminal. We are getting picked up at 9:00 am from a private service where Celebrity Docks.

I think we will get to airport around 9:30-9:45 ish. Our flight doesn't leave until 1;45---

So if after we go through security, we have plenty of time to sit in a nice sit down restaurant with decent food- Anthony's was recommended, but any mall type decent fast food is just fine too. Assuming the flight leaves on time, we usually pre-board (I have bad sciattica and use a cane at airports) so we will want to be lining up around 1:00 at the gate.

So basically, I'm just double checking that we can just eat at main food court before heading to our gate.

Thanks MapleLeaves for that handy map link. I think from looking at it, if sec cp #3 isn't too crowded at the TSA precheck, we should head for that one. This way the Central food court is right there. Then from there, we will head to whichever gate our flight leaves from. I'm just trying to figure out how much time to allow getting to A or S gate from there. B gate which I doubt we would be using is right next to the food court. I'm looking at Ivar's as well from one of the suggestions...

• 2 weeks later...