What questions should be answered prior to calling for Insurance

So, this is going to be my first time getting Trip Insurance. Reading Cruise Critic, along with this being an expensive trip (first time in a suite, on Harmony of the Seas in December).

Before I call the insurance company, to avoid wasting their time and mine, is their a list of questions I should get answers to? From the basics like start and end date of the cruise, to things related to I don't know what.

Good question

It good to back up and think of the big picture and why you need insurance

Our first time we bought insurance mainly because we felt we needed to cover the contingency that if one of our parents got sick, we wouldn't want to cruise

Another time, the cruise was so expensive, we wanted it covered no matter what

Another reason to insure was that our health insurance didn't cover doctor visits in international ports

As far as start and end dates, we use the dates we actually travel so we insure the days ahead of the cruise and after

Also good to know if the insurance covers pre-existing conditions

So many more questions and so many questions about just in case things that you sometimes learn the answer to when you have a problem

Good luck

I always book insurance for all cruises. You can look at all the different kinds and compare them by using http://www.insuremytrip.com. This will give you rates and extras you can add on. I always make sure it covers my air and I add hospital of choice (you pick where you want to be taken) and add extra luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with fire gal - do your due diligence and research what trip insurance does and does not do. Insuremytrip.com and square mouth.com are the only places I buy from and are great resources to compare policies. They also do a decent job of answering questions on what is included and what they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you need to have the trip cost covered if you have to cancel? what if your trip is delayed or luggage lost? What possible scenarios might lead to cancellation or delay? (are you flying or driving -that is a very applicable question) Do you have health coverage for illness or injury outside of your geographic area, if not how much medical coverage do you want?What about medical evacuation in case you get sick or injured on the ship? Do you have health problems/presiding conditions (make sure you know whether these are covered). Do you want life insurance coverage for the trip's duration? Rental car coverage? I also recommend insuremytrip, to familiarize yourself with all these provisions and their costs and the various plans available. Even if you decide to call a company directly to buy, the site will help you decide what you want/need.

Sent from my iPad using Forums