Oriana...shows off her new colours..

During our yacht race yesterday after work, our top mark near Russell was not far away from where she was anchored in the Bay of Islands.

The Flag on the bow is very noticeable when looking up from sea level.:cool:

Agree, looks good.

Edited by Opua Kiwi

It's not Oriana though, it's Aurora.

OOPS... Always get those 2 mixed up. My bad for not checking the schedule before posting.:mad:

(I've edited the title to avoid further confusion)

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

I think it is sad and disappointing that this is being done to my favourite ships.

Could you imagine if Princess took the seawitch logo off all their funnels and painted a depiction of the American flag on the front of their ships, could you imagine if Cunard painted out their matt black hulls and got rid of the red funnels.

A cruise ships livery is part of its identity and people who have had holidays on these ships relate to that. It is also a symbol of recognition that you recognise the quality and good things about the company when you see how it looks.

What this is saying to me is that P&O no longer care about their past identity and that this was a rushed and thoughtless decision to try and make their ships look less like Costa after the Costa Concordia capsized and sank in shallow waters.

What this is saying to me is that P&O no longer care about their past identity and that this was a rushed and thoughtless decision to try and make their ships look less like Costa after the Costa Concordia capsized and sank in shallow waters.

That may be the best reason for it.

She looks lubbery jubberly, shall be aboard her on 17 September as per my signature and on Oriana 20 October. A lot of the Poms do not like the new livery.

Thanks for the pics David.

Rule Britannia !!

Edited by NSWP