Hi all, it appears that Celebrity Solstice won't be visiting Fremantle in 2017. I've

Ian_H

I don't think Celebrity do an actual cicumnav of Aus do they?

They do an Aukland to Freo across the bottom and a Freo to Syd around the top, but I haven't seen a Circumnavigation n the last 3 or 4 years.

That's a circumnavigation when you combine them.

But yes, not that season. You'd have to go March next year, or see if it comes back later.

That's a circumnavigation when you combine them.

But yes, not that season. You'd have to go March next year, or see if it comes back later.

Sort of except it doesn't depart Sydney as IAN H was looking for it departs Aukland, we are keeping an eye on one [or actually 3] at the moment but as we can't fly we need to do the Syd-Auk first, then Auk-Freo then Freo-Syd it is attractive but also 42 night, I can't find a single cruise, or even two with Celebrity that do a Syd-Syd circumnavigation.

Cunard aren't offering one next season either :mad: , they have for the last few seasons and are usually a bit shorter around 25 nights.

Sort of except it doesn't depart Sydney as IAN H was looking for it departs Aukland, we are keeping an eye on one [or actually 3] at the moment but as we can't fly we need to do the Syd-Auk first, then Auk-Freo then Freo-Syd it is attractive but also 42 night, I can't find a single cruise, or even two with Celebrity that do a Syd-Syd circumnavigation.

True. Celebrity mostly do one ways incl. New Zealand though, so that was consistent with the rest of their cruises. It makes sense and I actually prefer it that way as you can do a bit of travelling beforehand in one city, and then spend more time afterwards in the other city. Plus one way AKL-SYD flights are bargains!

Hi Ian_H, it looks like they've only released their itineraries for 2017 until April/May except fir the Galapagos itineraries which are continuous, so you might have to wait awhile to see what's on offer for the rest of 2017 until a bit later this year. If you ask the question about date releases for 2017 on the cc australia site you might get an answer from the moderator about when this will be. Cheers Wendy

Thanks for the responses everyone. It just seemed strange that whilst they follow the same itineraries each year The Auckland to Perth and Perth to Sydney is missed out.

And as the ship doesn't return to Australian waters until the following September ( if at all) we,lol just have to wait until the rest of the year is released.

I will do as you say Wendy and David

Thanks for the responses everyone. It just seemed strange that whilst they follow the same itineraries each year The Auckland to Perth and Perth to Sydney is missed out.

And as the ship doesn't return to Australian waters until the following September ( if at all) we,lol just have to wait until the rest of the year is released.

I will do as you say Wendy and David

That's not good because it was one [or actually 3] that we were watching in case Circle Pacific doesn't come off.