RCI Drinks

Yes, the same drinks are included in the cost. Though they don't offer free tea/coffee at MDR as they used to (but do offer at a cost!).

You can bring your own, but depends where you planned to use it e.g. many cabins don't have facilities. If you wanted to get hot water from the buffet you could.

Thank you for your reply.

So you can get free water and lemon in the MDR?

Sorry for asking for the clarification. It's not for myself. We're going to be traveling with some friends who scraped the money together for the cruise, but have very little left to throw around. And the Aussie dollar isn't helping!😢

I want to be able to give them the right advice.

We bring our own coffee to have in our room. Not because of cost, we just like our own brand of coffee.

So we order tea for room service breakfast the night before, and ask for milk also. You will get hot water and sugar as well as tea bags.

The drinks for free can be different from what people expect. The lemonade is very tart in my opinion. The iced tea is just normal tea chilled. (I actually like it) On Rhapsody a couple of weeks ago there was also some other flavours like mango and some other fruity flavours (sorry didn't notice much).

There was also hot tea and coffee (if you like the one they have) in the park/solarium café as well as the Windjammer. If you wanted iced water there is ice dispensing machines there too.

If you get a drink from one area you can carry it back to your room or wherever you like.

Can't say about the corkage, didn't hear either way.

Off the Rhapsody at the beginning of the month and there was always free water at dinner and we were always offered tea or coffee at no charge. I hate the ship's coffee so I took my own coffee sticks and they waiters would always just bring me hot water and the jug of milk. I am sure that you could ask for lemon wedges with your water, we used do that but seem to have stopped asking for some reason.

Breakfast they usually had a couple of different juices available from the machines and water is always available. I often had lemonade (lemon cordial) at lunch but I always water it down as I find it too strong.

Forgot to say that I took two bottles of wine onboard and both were opened in the dining room. Neither time did they say anything about corkage and it wasn't charged to my account either. Royal's FAQs now say no corkage charge.

Edited by aussiedisneyfan
Corkage

Thank you for your reply.

So you can get free water and lemon in the MDR?

Sorry for asking for the clarification. It's not for myself. We're going to be traveling with some friends who scraped the money together for the cruise, but have very little left to throw around. And the Aussie dollar isn't helping!😢

I want to be able to give them the right advice.

Another thing to make sure your friends have bought is travel insurance. One of the first lines RCI has on the paperwork is that if you can't afford insurance you can't afford to travel. You may have checked this with them - if not, it could be well worth asking.

You can't get free lemon cordial in the MDR. The only drink free with the meal is water. If they want any other drink with the meal in the MDR it is charged.

You can equally eat all meals if desired in the buffet, which does have free water and cordial selection with all of them (from self-serve machines).

You can't get free lemon cordial in the MDR. The only drink free with the meal is water. If they want any other drink with the meal in the MDR it is charged.

You can equally eat all meals if desired in the buffet, which does have free water and cordial selection with all of them (from self-serve machines).

When did this change? We've always been able to get the "lemonade" (lemon cordial) in the MDR. You have to ask for it but we've found after asking once the waitstaff would remember and bring it without us requesting. DW finds it a bit strong so likes it diluted with water and again after the first or second time her half strength lemonade appears automatically.

Just off the VOTS on Sunday 22 Feb.

There is free water, coffee and tea in the MDR (and juice with breakfast). The same goes for the Buffet, along with cordial all day long. I am sure you could get the cordial in the MDR as well if you asked nicely.

We had an inside cabin which had a kettle and tea bags, cups, spoons, etc.

I didn't look for coffee bags/sachets, so bringing your own may be prudent.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

When did this change? We've always been able to get the "lemonade" (lemon cordial) in the MDR. You have to ask for it but we've found after asking once the waitstaff would remember and bring it without us requesting. DW finds it a bit strong so likes it diluted with water and again after the first or second time her half strength lemonade appears automatically.

You can on special request, but they have to order it from the buffet and bring it for you.

Many staff do it for you to give great service, but it's not part of the standard/expected offering.

Actually, this brings to mind another question.

Our son is traveling with a mate in their own cabin. They are both over 18 but under 21. Neither of them drink wine, but can they take 2 bottles of wine onboard for us??

So long as the cruise is out of Australia, yes.

Cheers

Di

you can also ask for kettle in your state room if you don't have one we have done this a few times as I take my own coffee , they have always provided kettle and tray with two mugs milk and sugar but you need to ask state room attendant if you want it.:D

We had a disabled cabin on Radiance WITHOUT a kettle! We asked our room steward for one as we like to 'put the jug on' as soon as we wake up.

Was told 'sorry Madam, if I provide you with one I'll have to do it for everyone!' Consequently we went without our early morning cuppa!

We had a disabled cabin on Radiance WITHOUT a kettle! We asked our room steward for one as we like to 'put the jug on' as soon as we wake up.

Was told 'sorry Madam, if I provide you with one I'll have to do it for everyone!' Consequently we went without our early morning cuppa!

Consistently inconsistent.:(

Yes, great cruise. It is a nice ship but I still prefer the Solstice and then the Diamond though.:D

Glad you had good time Mic would you go on the Voyager again?

We are big fans of the Solstice but trying Voyager next time just have to stop myself from comparing

Hi Gae, You get a kettle and coffee making machine (yuk coffee) on Radiance and Rhapsody in a JS and up.

Most Stewards will do their best to accommodate you with both robes and kettles (especially robes).

With his attitude, I hope you didn't tip him.

Cheers

Di