Budweiser Black Crown/Pullman/Sofa Bed

Hey Tina

Do the Carnival ships have Budweiser Black Crown? I googled and searched the forum and am not seeing anything which probably means they don't, but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has seen it.

SECOND, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

I'm travelling with two other people (for a total of 3) and long story short I think I figured out the "sofa bed" is a convertible sofa and not a sofa bed (which, duh) and I'm wanting to get one of the rooms with the "pullman", or whatever the other option of beds are. Do yall think that bed is better (more comfortable) than the sofa? Do you think that's an option for only 3 if I speak to my PVP?

Edited by Hey Tina

I also greatly prefer the sofabed to the upper bunk. The seat of the sofa does not have bars in it like the pull-out sofas, so the sofabed is pretty nice. They used to be softer than they are now, but all Carnival beds are rock hard now. The only reason I can see to want an upper bunk instead of the sofa is that you just enjoy the feeling of being way up in the air when sleeping.

But if you do prefer the upper for this or any other reason, you have a few options, and it also depends on what ship you're looking at. Fantasy class ships will all use uppers, except in suites. With the other ships, OVs & balconies will use a sofabed for the 3rd person, while interiors are way too small for a sofa, so those will have an upper. Much smaller room with the interior, but you'd have an upper. I should also point out as a warning that the older ships like Sunshine, Triumph class, & Fantasy class might try to put the 3rd person in a trundle, by trying to book you into a 2-person room, and you probably don't want that. If Carnival allows it for your sailing (sometimes they don't), you could try to book a 4-person room for 3 people, and hope that they don't bump you out of it. The 4th bed is the upper, which isn't used when there are 3 people in the room. But if you ask the steward to make it up and give him a tip for it, he'll do it for you.

The only reason I can see to want an upper bunk instead of the sofa is that you just enjoy the feeling of being way up in the air when sleeping.

i just thought that comment was hilarious. but i'd be inclined to agree!

i've actually slept on the sofa - on purpose, in a balcony on pride. the room was too warm for my taste (despite a call to maintenance), and a few nights i opted to sleep on the sofa instead of the bed as it seemed to be cooler (didn't have it made up or anything, just brought the pillows and such). it was rather comfortable and i'd pick that option instead of the 'bed in the air' any day lol. :)

Wow! Thanks for the tips yall! We're traveling on the Magic (not sure what class that is) and I was stressing about the (sofa) bed so I'm really happy to know that it's probably going to be fine.

By any chance does anyone have pictures of the sofa converted to a bed? Again I looked at google and a little on the cabin picker sites and wasn't too successful in finding anything.

So it's sort of like the entire size (width) of the twin bed? Or slightly less wide?

Thanks for posting the picture btw

Their twins are 33" wide, the sofas are 32". Same length. The sofa is a little bit closer to the ground. I've slept in a sofabed on 4 cruises, and in an upper bunk 4 times. Since you're on the Magic, you don't need to worry at all about the trundle thing that I was talking about. No trundles on Magic, so the 3rd bed will be a sofabed or upper. Uppers for almost all the interiors, & sofas for the bigger rooms. Magic is in the Dream class, only 3 years old, and a great ship!

P1080504_zpsbf179674.jpg

Their twins are 33" wide, the sofas are 32". Same length. The sofa is a little bit closer to the ground. I've slept in a sofabed on 4 cruises, and in an upper bunk 4 times. Since you're on the Magic, you don't need to worry at all about the trundle thing that I was talking about. No trundles on Magic, so the 3rd bed will be a sofabed or upper. Uppers for almost all the interiors, & sofas for the bigger rooms. Magic is in the Dream class, only 3 years old, and a great ship!

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab214/k2excursion/Carnival%20Breeze/P1080504_zpsbf179674.jpg

You're amazing. Thank you so much, I feel sooo much better about the sofa bed now.