Stingray city sandbar wave runner adventure

kona_wahine

Has anyone done this excursion? We are thinking of renting one each. We own jet skis so know how to ride. Says you go to stingray city and then rum point, and a beach break at a resort after that. Just hoping to hear a real review. Thanks!

I did not actually do this tour, my tour was with Stingray City United which was great but I must say, when we got to Stingray City, we could see about 8 wave runners parked next to the sand bar and it just looked like a really cool way to go. Hopefully you can get a real review and have fun if you do take the tour.

Reserved through Island Marketing. It was awesome. The meeting place was a little hard to find and our ship was having a hard time with tendering (one of the tenders was not working -so they were not very efficient). Fortunatly there was a whole group from our ship that arrived at the meeting spot at the same time. And we had called them and they came back to get us.

The tour went via van to the Holiday Inn. There we got life vest and snorkling gear and had a quick 'here's how things go' lesson and we were off. They were really good about letting us ride fast and have a good time. It was about 4 miles from the Holiday Inn to the stingrays. We got to hold one and feed it and such. Be prepared with your own camera though. The excursions from a boat usually have a camera person to sell you photos. This trip did not. We went to see star fish. They kinda let us do what we wanted to do. We snorkeld for a bit over a reef and that was nice.

We really enjoyed it. My husband and I are 40 and the group ranged in age.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A quick question before this gets cast to the archives, if I may..

How did you find transport from port to Rum Point? I've read that island marketing can organise this for 5USD but also that a taxi to do the same journey would be over 50USD? There's only 2 of us so we don't have safety in numbers with this one

• 2 weeks later...

Look at Fat Fish Adventures, simply the best. We found them through locals while staying on GCM. One of our favorite operators and a great day that includes the sandbar, the reef, and Rum Point, and if you can take their last excursion of the day at 1 or 2 PM you add another stop like Starfish Point for the same price.

How did you find transport from port to Rum Point? I've read that island marketing can organise this for 5USD but also that a taxi to do the same journey would be over 50USD? There's only 2 of us so we don't have safety in numbers with this one

To enjoy Rum Point just rent a car, the rental agency will meet you.

A taxi to Rum Point is actually $72 US each way. Rent a car or book an excursion that includes a stop there.

• 1 month later...

We have gone with Fat Fish Adventures three times. They pick you up right outside the Hard Rock Cafe. We love it!

Getting on and off the jet ski isn't difficult. Getting off, you kinda slide into the water. Getting on, you grab onto the bar on the back of your seat and pull yourself up. It's really not that difficult. And the one time I got too confident and found myself sailing through the air and then across the water, the guide came and picked me up and took me back to my jet ski. I've never seen anyone fall off though (except me).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you're at the sandbar how difficult is it to get on and off the jet ski?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife's girlfriend had hpjust had shoulder surgery and she didn't have a problem. The FFA guides are also excellent and patient and will help anyone needing that. Excellent day and a great way to experience the different areas.