Escape/Haven Concerns

san92103

Hi All,

Back in September my wife and I sailed on the Jade from Venice 7 day Adriatic cruise. Haven Penthouse suite, which was spectacular. having that bathroom with full length views of the sea (etc...) is breathtaking and worth its price for that unique experience.

Having done nothing but dream about a second cruise, Haven of course, we are very interested in the Escape for various reasons. However, my concern is more of a floor plan issue as follows:

- Are any of the Haven Escape suites similar in floor plan to that of what the Jade had... Where the bathroom has the full length views to the sea. Or, are the bathrooms closer to the entrance and therefore all 'enclosed' like at a typical hotel. If they are of similar design to what we experienced on Jade, which rooms? (Some of the NCL.com floor plans are misleading to what youtube reviews show)

- My wife has an unfortunate Gluten problem and while she has certainly adjusted her diet to accommodate, I am worried what she may have issues with her dining options on board. As such, what accommodations can/will be made for her. I realize that they can't possibly accommodate to every single diet, but from those who know or have (personally) experienced. How has the accommodation been? What preventative measures do you suggest/take. Minus telling the staff of this problem

- Is being pregnant of any concern while on the ship. At most, we anticipate maybe 2-3 months into the pregnancy (if it all works of course) and there is no doubt she will NOT indulge in any alcohol, which leads to the concern of an unused on board perk of the unlimited drink package.

Thank you all so very much for your time and help. I appreciate it all!!

- Are any of the Haven Escape suites similar in floor plan to that of what the Jade had... Where the bathroom has the full length views to the sea. Or, are the bathrooms closer to the entrance and therefore all 'enclosed' like at a typical hotel. If they are of similar design to what we experienced on Jade, which rooms? (Some of the NCL.com floor plans are misleading to what youtube reviews show)

You could look into the Deluxe Owner's suite...

https://youtu.be/AqQVP_XwImA?t=229

....or perhaps the aft-facing PH (decks 11 or 14)

...or 2 bedroom family villa

...for a bathroom with a view.

There may be others. These just popped into my head :cool:

- My wife has an unfortunate Gluten problem and while she has certainly adjusted her diet to accommodate, I am worried what she may have issues with her dining options on board. As such, what accommodations can/will be made for her. I realize that they can't possibly accommodate to every single diet, but from those who know or have (personally) experienced. How has the accommodation been? What preventative measures do you suggest/take. Minus telling the staff of this problem

From NCL's site...

" We can accommodate special food requests (Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Kosher) if we're notified in time. Let our Access Desk know you're coming at least 8 weeks prior to cruising to ensure the best experience possible."

- Is being pregnant of any concern while on the ship. At most, we anticipate maybe 2-3 months into the pregnancy (if it all works of course) and there is no doubt she will NOT indulge in any alcohol, which leads to the concern of an unused on board perk of the unlimited drink package.

2-3 months shouldn't be a problem. "Morning sickness" (which can happen any time, btw) differs from woman to woman. My wife was pregnant for one of our cruises and neither of us knew (she doesn't drink alcohol, anyway). For the perk, your wife can get non-alcoholic/virgin drinks included.

Hi All,

Back in September my wife and I sailed on the Jade from Venice 7 day Adriatic cruise. Haven Penthouse suite, which was spectacular. having that bathroom with full length views of the sea (etc...) is breathtaking and worth its price for that unique experience.

Having done nothing but dream about a second cruise, Haven of course, we are very interested in the Escape for various reasons. However, my concern is more of a floor plan issue as follows:

From the bottom up:

She can get all the virgin daiquiries she can drink on the UBP :D Otherwise she'd be SOL unless with doctor's note NCL will allow her the soda package. Actually if it were me, I'd stick with the UBP and have the barman make me icy smoothie type drinks.

The gluten problem can be addressed on board. Also prior to the cruise notify the special needs desk. You will have to figure out where you want to eat the night before and speak with the Maitre 'd and go over the menu to decide what you will want for the next night's meal. In the buffet they are very helpful and will take you around and show you what is available to you without gluten.

Can't help with the haven/suite questions as I have never been so lucky to experience that. :D

Hi All,

I'm surprised no one mentioned this, but my main concern would be the Zika virus...

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/pregnancy/question-answers.html

If you go, be very careful, and stock up on mosquito spray!

Edited by projectorguy1

I'm surprised no one mentioned this, but my main concern would be the Zika virus...

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/pregnancy/question-answers.html

If you go, be very careful, and stock up on mosquito spray!

I had the same thought. I guess it depends on when the OP is looking to travel, but if he plans to leave any time in the near future, I wouldn't risk it with an early pregnancy. Just my two cents.

• 3 months later...