Saga Sapphire - broken down again?!

MGillie

I have just had a text from my Mum who is on the Saga Sapphire - they are at Hammerfest, Norway and she says they have broken down and are waiting a part. Does anyone know any more? Sapphire doesn't seem to have got off to very good start!

I have just had a text from my Mum who is on the Saga Sapphire - they are at Hammerfest, Norway and she says they have broken down and are waiting a part. Does anyone know any more? Sapphire doesn't seem to have got off to very good start!

Didn't she get new engines as well? Or they got upgraded...Hope all goes well and hope your mom can enjoy her cruise.

Apparently Saga Sapphire has a broken bow thruster which is also causing other problems like internet connection. Don't really understand why that would be - but I'm not an engineer!

Saga Sapphire has huge engine problems. They just had a blackout out on open sea. She is without propulsion, many guests are afraid what's going on.

Captain is not announcing much to the passengers. Why company can't fix this ship properly. After renewal there is so many issues.

I can't reach nobody in Saga office, Emergency Duty Officer cell is turned off! Very irresponsible behavior from Saga. They have so many problems and still not a word from company.

My relatives are aboard and I'm sure they will sue Saga for damages!

We were concerned to read your post.

Not sure why you are having problems with the phone, as we have spoken with several people today and the duty officer number is working.

Work to the back-up generator is complete and the ship is now enroute to Bergen.

Do call us if you have anything further concerns.

We were concerned to read your post.

Not sure why you are having problems with the phone, as we have spoken with several people today and the duty officer number is working.

Work to the back-up generator is complete and the ship is now enroute to Bergen.

Do call us if you have anything further concerns.

Thank you very much for reply. I was concerned as my relative text me about problems while ship had blackout. They're OK now.

I didn't realise they had, had a blackout - Mum text to say they broke down again at lunchtime for two hours but they were now on their way to Bergen - she also said the captain had made a long announcement.

What is frustrating is the lack of information other than from passengers on the boat. If someone from Saga is still reading this, could you please update us.

Thanks for your continued interest.

We have been working very hard to make sure that the itinerary could proceed as closely to the published schedule as possible, though some technical issues have indeed arisen. Captain Rentell has made sure that customers were appraised of the situation at all times and we can confirm that these issues have now been resolved. The ship is on course for Bergen.

You may wish to read Captain Rentell's blog, which has more details:

http://travel.saga.co.uk/holidays/ocean-cruises/saga-sapphire/captains-blog.aspx

Archived