Seeing reservations online?

Bibble

I'm still new to MSC...

I booked my cruise over the phone, I have my booking number, and I have an "account" on the website.

Is there a way to view my reservation online? (I do see where I can checkin online, but I'm not ready to checkin, as I don't have my passport with me). I just want to check if I've gotten a cabin assigned yet, etc.

Thanks for any help you can give this newbie!

I don't believe that there is "page" that shows reservation but if you lets say try to purchase drink package it'll ask for reservation # & will display your cabin #. Also if you booked with MSC directly they should email your e-docs which have cabin #, boarding ticket, seating arrangement & luggage tags. Online check in is mandatory but passport # is not as some passengers don't have them for the US only ports itinerary (photo id & proof of citizenship is required)

Oh sure you can, if you've booked online on the MyMSC page.

If you booked over the phone it will not automatically appear there.

However, if you call and ask a customer service rep CAN ask the web department to mount your account so you can see it online.

I had it done myself after booking one of our legs on the phone.

Be persistent. If the first CS person says "no such thing, it can't be done" ... call later during a different shift and ask again, and keep on asking until they do it just to shut you up.

:o Works for me.

Oh sure you can, if you've booked online on the MyMSC page.

If you booked over the phone it will not automatically appear there.

However, if you call and ask a customer service rep CAN ask the web department to mount your account so you can see it online.

I had it done myself after booking one of our legs on the phone.

Be persistent. If the first CS person says "no such thing, it can't be done" ... call later during a different shift and ask again, and keep on asking until they do it just to shut you up.

:o Works for me.

Actually, I booked through the MSC website and while my profile and account are online, I still can't "see" it there. The button that should show my booking actually only emails my booking to be. So, I can see my booking from the email sent but on on the website.

Actually, I booked through the MSC website and while my profile and account are online, I still can't "see" it there. The button that should show my booking actually only emails my booking to be. So, I can see my booking from the email sent but on on the website.

If you can see the icon that says "Booking Summary" then that should be the correct page. If you also see MSC Web Check-in, E-Ticket and Booking Modification and Cancellation ...

...then scroll to the very bottom and look for topic bars with a plus sign (+) you can tick to open the topic.

How far in advance do you think GTY cabins are assigned?...I'm sailing 5/10/14 and can't see any cabin assignment. I haven't received any docs. I did do online check in and booked an excursion online. I tried using the online "chat" and left a message since it was buyy...no response tho....wondering when I need to call.

If you can see the icon that says "Booking Summary" then that should be the correct page. If you also see MSC Web Check-in, E-Ticket and Booking Modification and Cancellation ...

...then scroll to the very bottom and look for topic bars with a plus sign (+) you can tick to open the topic.

Yes, I see that. I guess, compared to other sites, it's a little light on the information being presented. Such as I can't find where I can view or book shore excursions, specialty restaurants offered on board, the ability to book certain things (such as beer or wine packages) prior to boarding, etc... That is why I thought (think) the booking page was incomplete.

How far in advance do you think GTY cabins are assigned?

Unfortunately lately, due to some of the extremely low price points and the ship filling up, I've seen GTY cabins not be assigned till the week prior to sailing. Not saying it will be this way in your case, just letting you know not to panic. It's been this way the past month or so for certain categories on certain sailings. Good news is that from what we have seen, the closer to sailing the better chance of being assigned a balcony.

Hope this helps.

Bret

...Such as I can't find where I can view or book shore excursions, specialty restaurants offered on board, the ability to book certain things (such as beer or wine packages) prior to boarding, etc....

I don't know when you're embarkation is, but for me I didn't get to see excursions and drink packages and things until about 6 months out.

I don't know when you're embarkation is, but for me I didn't get to see excursions and drink packages and things until about 6 months out.

And that could be the problem as my embarkation is about 6.5 months out (06 Dec 14).with Carnival, I can usually see things 12 months out so that's why I was scratching my head. :confused:

No problem though, I called this afternoon and ordered my beer package and all is good in the world. :D