Taking Drink On Board

I was on Dream 23rd Feb to 9th March and there was no problem taking any drinks on board although our bags were usually scanned as we returned to the ship.

You could buy alcohol from the Duty Free shop and the first evening there was an extra discount (Vodka was less than £8).

We bought small bottles of rum on excursions and there was no problem bringing them on ship. Also bought coke and lemonade to drink in our cabins.

Can anyone tell me Thomsons current policy regarding taking drinks on board for 'in cabin' consumption?

I know this seems to change very frequently.

Thanks.

I am sorry but I will have to disagree - the policy does not change frequently - there was a short term (one or two week) trial about year ago and nothing since and nothing before - the trial was only on the Dream.

It may appear to change frequently because once a month someone creates a new thread about the subject !! :)

The more the subject is brought up then the greater any chance of a policy change could be reviewed. :eek:

Have a great time on the Majesty.

Campolady.

I don't know if you will pick this up before you board...

You can take what you want on Majesty:)

There will be no duty free on offer on your cruise as it only sails within the EU:(

Joe.

Thanks Joe - a bottle of Brandy will be going in my bag.

Yes, I was aware that there would be no Duty Free sales. If anyone wants to buy alcohol before boarding there is an ADESA sales point as you come through baggage reclaim at Malaga Airport (Duty Paid but still considerably cheaper than UK high street or airport prices).

Edited by campolady

Thanks for information related to ADESA point at airport, hope to use that. Getting excited, campolady, just set alarm clock for 3.15.am! Not looking forward to that bit!

At least you have packed - I am just thinking about it!!!

Don' t envy you the 3.15 alarm call! We are leaving home at 9.15 a.m. and booking into a Malaga long stay car park at 10.15 so not a too early start. I see that you are flying from Manchester which used to be our local airport - where do you live?

Weather atrocious today - 24 hours ahead of forecast - so, hopefully tomorrow will be fine and looking very nice for then onwards.

Really getting excited now. Hope we bump in to you Jay Mac.

Thanks for your good wishes Barnowl and Little Nell - with Hubbys health being so poor every time we book a holiday we wonder if it will be our last together so each one is very special (which is why I tend to get OTT with excitement). At the moment he looks wonderful (looking at him you wouldn' t think there was a thing wrong with him) so, fingers crossed, this will be a wonderful week.

Edited by campolady

If anyone wants to buy alcohol before boarding there is an ADESA sales point as you come through baggage reclaim at Malaga Airport (Duty Paid but still considerably cheaper than UK high street or airport prices).

Oops!!! That should read Aldeasa NOT Adesa!

At least you have packed - I am just thinking about it!!!

Don' t envy you the 3.15 alarm call! We are leaving home at 9.15 a.m. and booking into a Malaga long stay car park at 10.15 so not a too early start. I see that you are flying from Manchester which used to be our local airport - where do you live?

Weather atrocious today - 24 hours ahead of forecast - so, hopefully tomorrow will be fine and looking very nice for then onwards.

Really getting excited now. Hope we bump in to you Jay Mac.

Thanks for your good wishes Barnowl and Little Nell - with Hubbys health being so poor every time we book a holiday we wonder if it will be our last together so each one is very special (which is why I tend to get OTT with excitement). At the moment he looks wonderful (looking at him you wouldn' t think there was a thing wrong with him) so, fingers crossed, this will be a wonderful week.

I hope it is a wonderful week for you both :)