EzeParking Southampton?

Burgmeister

Ah, just read some posts on Trip Advisor about these chaps. THink best avoided. Unfortuantely our cruise didn't come with the free parking that so many seem to these days and its £102 for ABP parking for our 11 night cruise. Seems a lot. Has anyone used Cruise Parking Ltd? Thats coming in at £70 but not sure whether I would be better off paying the extra for ABP and be done with it.

Are you able to arrange any parking through your TA at all, they usually can give you a quote.

Also if you're driving a distance to Southampton, you might be able to do a stay in hotel and leave your car in the car park for the week. Think there's a Hilton just off the M3 on the outskirts of Southampton that do this.

ScrozUK

• 1 year later...

We have used Ezepaking good service 3 times no problems, then we parked with them a 4th time and our vehicle came back with slight damage to the front bumper. Then the nightmare began and still continues 5 weeks later. This is after they have verbally admitted it occured whilst in their charge. Looks like we will have to pay for the damage ourselves as they continue to make promises that just do not happen.

Cruiser Mick

Jan 2013

. Has anyone used Cruise Parking Ltd? Thats coming in at £70 but not sure whether I would be better off paying the extra for ABP and be done with it.

Haven't used it myself, but I'm local & know something about it.

Reputable company, secure compound. No risk that you car will be parked on a back-street or used as a minicab.:D

But the place is at Marchwood, on the opposite side of Southampton Water directly opposite cruise berths. So you drive down the Fawley road instead of into Southampton, and use their included minibus shuttle, takes 20 mins - much like off-airport parking. Occasional complaints about waiting for shuttles.

General consensus is that compared to quayside parking with ABP the saving on a 7 night cruise isn't worth the hassle, on a 14 nighter some think its worth it & others dont, on a longer cruise the saving is significant.

JB :)

Dammit :rolleyes:

Thanks, Ray

JB :o

But actually your post is very useful JBl! We are debating the merits of leaving car with family in Portsmouth (on street) and taking a taxi or using parking at cruise terminal. This for 14 nights in August. All thoughts are very welcomed!

Thanks

dutchclogs

9.Re: Eze Cruise Parking

24 April 2012, 20:27

icon_de_27x27.gif

Destination Expert info.giffor Eastleigh, Winchester

Any one considering Eze parking MUST read the terms and conditions very carefully, the first 17 clauses have been plagiarised from another company but tacked on the end are 5 clauses that are not standard

If you read them you will realise:

- EZE parking do not have any insurance to drive your car

- They disclaim all liability for damage even if caused by them, your no-claims bonus is at risk

- They don't offer refunds for any reason

Other meet and greet companies do have their own insurance and have refund policies.

MEET AND GREET CHAUFFEUR PARKING

Items 1), 2), 3), 4), 5), 6), 8), 9), 10), 11), 14), 15), 16) and 17) above also apply to Meet and Greet Chauffeur Parking.

18) In addition you leave your car totally at your own risk. The Company takes no responsibility for your vehicle whatsoever.

19) You must only hand over your spare key to the companies drivers, servants or agents and keep your main key with you.

20) No refunds will be given for any reason including cancellations.

21) The Company, its servants or agents shall have the right to drive or otherwise take the vehicle on the public roads. Any permission required to be given by the customer to ensure the customer’s own insurance covers the Companies drivers is deemed, by acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, to have been granted.

22) For chauffeur service/meet and greet bookings we will wait for 15 minutes maximum, After 15 minutes waiting, unless we have had heard from you that you will be late we will consider the booking cancelled and will not give a refund. You can change the time of a chauffeur service drop off or pick up by telephoning or texting the 24 hour hotline number subject to the 15 minute condition above. Flight or cruise ship delays upon arrival back at Southampton will not incur additional charges unless the delay means that the car has exceeded the number of days booked.

inapContent.gifReport inappropriate content

Save this Post

agmbe

leeds england

reviews: 5 Much more on trip adviser

But actually your post is very useful JBl! We are debating the merits of leaving car with family in Portsmouth (on street) and taking a taxi or using parking at cruise terminal. This for 14 nights in August. All thoughts are very welcomed!

Thanks

dutchclogs

Taxi from Portsmouth will cost mebbe £40 each-way, or train or National Express coach about £10 per person each-way plus about £5 taxi from station to ship.

Does family have a car / can they be persuaded to drive you? (about 25 miles / 35 minutes)

Security of street parking in Portsmouth depends on where in Portsmouth your family live.

JB :)

We've used parkatmyhouse twice when cruising from Southampton and had no problems. The last time was last November and was parked in the house owners garage for the whole of our cruise (22 nights). The house owner drove us to the cruise terminal and picked us up on return. He even gave us a jump start as our battery was flat. The cost varies but was approx. £5 per night considerably cheaper than some car parks.

• 1 year later...

We had to use this company at short notice, as the "Park At My House" option we had arranged, and who we had used several times before, let us down with three day's notice.

We booked with Eze Parking around 5 am on the day of travel, and headed to Southampton. We phoned the "24-hour hotline" mobile number as requested half an hour before our ETA, as requested repeatedly, and all we got was an answerphone message dated two weeks prior asking us to go to a different terminal to where we were due to embark.

We drove to our correct terminal and in the short-stay car park we did spot one guy with a plain blue tabard.

"Are you from Eze Parking?" I enquired?

"Yes."

"Have you got any ID?"

"No."

"I am just waiting for one Honda Civic, then I'm off."

"What about my booking?"

"Not on my list."

He phoned the boss and the booking was confirmed. Evidently the list was printed out before 05.00 am for a 16.30 sailing...........

Upon return, we found our car but there was no sign of anyone with a blue tabard, but I did see one car driving suspiciously fast within the confines of the short-stay car-park, so I flagged it down, and guess what?

The driver was clad in blue and had our car keys! There was a scraze on the front bumper, that I don't think was there before. It's an old car so I'm not too bothered, but I don't think I did it.

This is a far from professional operation, and if you want to sleep Eze on your cruise, book with someone else!