one person room

Luvoceans

On sailings that aren't selling well, they will open up some room types with no solo supplement at all, or some with just a 50% supplement. On some sailings, this has been done with OVs but not interiors, so look carefully. On the booking engine, put it in for 1 person when checking, then look at the "starting at" price for every room type, which is easily seen on the one page. These sailings tend to be in the fall & early winter, and it's more typical to see them on the shorter sailings out of Florida or California. And they are often the type of booking where Carnival picks your room for you.

On sailings that aren't selling well, they will open up some room types with no solo supplement at all, or some with just a 50% supplement. On some sailings, this has been done with OVs but not interiors, so look carefully. On the booking engine, put it in for 1 person when checking, then look at the "starting at" price for every room type, which is easily seen on the one page. These sailings tend to be in the fall & early winter, and it's more typical to see them on the shorter sailings out of Florida or California. And they are often the type of booking where Carnival picks your room for you.

I have had no solo supplement on interior and OV rooms and I got to pick my own room. They were 6 and 7 day cruises out of Miami. In the Spring and early Fall.

Just do a mock booking for 1 person. Don't wait on the "list" to come out as mine weren't on there.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I have had no solo supplement on interior and OV rooms and I got to pick my own room. They were 6 and 7 day cruises out of Miami. In the Spring and early Fall.

Just do a mock booking for 1 person. Don't wait on the "list" to come out as mine weren't on there.

Very true. The list doesn't show them all. Put one person in the booking engine when checking prices (aka, mock booking). There are some solo deals that will let you pick your own room, but most that I have seen are ones where Carnival picks your room.

If a person needs a room for just one when is the best time to book. Do they ever have specials for a single ?

There is a single offers (link) list posted in the bottom right of this page, but as someone else pointed out, the offers change all the time and there may be offers available that are not on the list. This list was posted 2 days ago. Carnival's discounted singles offers tend to come within about 2-3 months of sail dates as they try to fill empty cabins.

https://www.goccl.com/

There is a major online cruise booking company that posts an updated list of singles offers. A Google search for singles cruise should show that result on the first page. That company has both hosted and non-hosted singles offers that show on 2 separate lists.