Disappointed in Ecstasy Junior Suite

Offroad

We've had V2 & V4 on Inspiration and hated the balcony. Too small and too "public".

There was always people on the forward deck and people gawking into the balconies and rooms as they went up and down the stairway.

We love the Fantasy class ships, but have learned to politely turn down Jr Suite offers. OV rooms are perfectly fine. Saves money and allows for more cruises!

Do you realize you replied to a post that is about 3 years old?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I am well versed in reading. If you aren't going to contribute anything useful to the post, please keep scrolling. That is the point of forums, isn't it?

Yes, I am well versed in reading. If you aren't going to contribute anything useful to the post, please keep scrolling. That is the point of forums, isn't it?

I was contributing because many people don't realize when they've commented on old posts. Since you asked a question to the poster from several years ago, I'd just wanted to let you know you may not get an answer. Seriously, I didn't mean to upset you, I'm sorry I angered you, it was not my intent.

We've had several Fantasy Class "junior suites", knew what they were and loved them. Up by themselves, rarely anyone on the deck below except when coming in/leaving a port. Most times underway it's so windy no one stays for long.

The size is not bad inside, granted the balcony is pint size but doable for 2.

I would take an "upgrade" to a V cabin any day!

My husband and I, I guess you'd say downgraded, from a Grand Suite to a Junior Suite on Ecstasy; V10. I'd assume people either love it or hate it. We are okay with a smaller balcony, being up higher in the ship and hoping the halls up there have a little less hustle and bustle and the stewards are less bogged down? Accurate assumption?

That is an accurate assumption, for quieter... and for a solo on the other extreme,,one of the most affordable great location deals is the 1A and the inside 1A's with one bunk on Empress Deck are slightly larger...so much so that they will sometimes put another bed next to the twin, leaving the bunk up, Nobody is across from you on these rooms and they seem larger to me than the regular Spirit and Conquest insides. Also much more apt not to be kids next door and parents across hall mania...and a straight shot out to Centrum Bar and elevators. Middle ship location. I had bad memories size wise and narrow one wall bed wise from an old inside in 80's and found this delightful with a large enough for me just twin...the fake curtained window held the animals on the sill. Next time I will maybe try the double bed...one guy way back was a regular solo on this class whom they remembered and made the double for........the nobody across hall and under carpeted dining room and over reg cabins makes them unique and special..like a HUGE train cabin in a way...loved it. I liked it better than friends on Cabin crawl for that 4 day Cruise because even less commotion in my hall.... and it was friends then with a 1600 cost for the Veranda Jr Suite for one and 1600 for 2 and 290 (appx..then 1A's were 0nly 150%} for mine for one...it was a Catalina Ensenada 4 day one on sale on Paradise at the time..2nd favorite cruise I think..second week in June in 2009. All this said..I would still be very happy with a Junior Veranda Upgrade...knowing what they are...a unique nice cabin.

Edited by sjn911

That is an accurate assumption, for quieter... and for a solo on the other extreme,,one of the most affordable great location deals is the 1A and the inside 1A's with one bunk on Empress Deck are slightly larger...so much so that they will sometimes put another bed next to the twin, leaving the bunk up, Nobody is across from you on these rooms and they seem larger to me than the regular Spirit and Conquest insides. Also much more apt not to be kids next door and parents across hall mania...and a straight shot out to Centrum Bar and elevators. Middle ship location. I had bad memories size wise and narrow one wall bed wise from an old inside in 80's and found this delightful with a large enough for me just twin...the fake curtained window held the animals on the sill. Next time I will maybe try the double bed...one guy way back was a regular solo on this class whom they remembered and made the double for........the nobody across hall and under carpeted dining room and over reg cabins makes them unique and special..like a HUGE train cabin in a way...loved it. I liked it better than friends on Cabin crawl for that 4 day Cruise because even less commotion in my hall.... and it was friends then with a 1600 cost for the Veranda Jr Suite for one and 1600 for 2 and 290 (appx..then 1A's were 0nly 150%} for mine for one...it was a Catalina Ensenada 4 day one on sale on Paradise at the time..2nd favorite cruise I think..second week in June in 2009. All this said..I would still be very happy with a Junior Veranda Upgrade...knowing what they are...a unique nice cabin.

Excellent tips, thank you!!