Carnival Dream - Ice Bucket in Room?

beckatron

We set sail on Sunday so I am into the major packing. I have seen a lot of people mention they pack a collapsible cooler. Is there not an ice bucket in each stateroom? My cooler is proving difficult to pack space wise so I was wondering if I really needed it. We will not need a ton of ice.

If there is no ice bucket in your room, you can ask your room steward to provide you with one with ice.

Thank you! Packing dilemma #1 solved --- now I need to figure out what else I can ditch. Was starting to feel very overpacked by late last night. :D

We set sail on Sunday so I am into the major packing. I have seen a lot of people mention they pack a collapsible cooler. Is there not an ice bucket in each stateroom? My cooler is proving difficult to pack space wise so I was wondering if I really needed it. We will not need a ton of ice.

Our experience has pretty much always been: no ice bucket until late in the day (1st day). Sometimes we caught the steward when we arrived at our cabins. Ice was brought to us promptly.

You can call room service...(could take a while)...and they will deliver a plastic bucket full of ice. (hide it when empty...the stewards put it in the hall during cleaning.) When you present the bucket and stainless desktop bucket to the steward, he will fill them.

There is always ice at the buffet. Full glasses only ,no coolers or buckets.

We also pack our collapsible cooler as carry on. We fill it with sodas.

As for the cooler, we switch to it for ice on the 2nd day. (it's larger than the bucket and easier to access all of the ice)

Be sure to tell your cabin steward to keep the ice buckets/cooler full.

You can call room service...(could take a while)...and they will deliver a plastic bucket full of ice. (hide it when empty...the stewards put it in the hall during cleaning.) When you present the bucket and stainless desktop bucket to the steward, he will fill them.

Be sure to tell your cabin steward to keep the ice buckets/cooler full.

The plastic buckets from room Service are the same ones for the buckets of beer. Last cruise there were only '10' buckets onboard. They couldn't sell buckets of beer, but they could give you four beer at the discounted price without the bucket.

The plastic buckets from room Service are the same ones for the buckets of beer. Last cruise there were only '10' buckets onboard. They couldn't sell buckets of beer, but they could give you four beer at the discounted price without the bucket.

Wow! 10 buckets on a ship with thousands of people??