Help.....

muthatrucker

I use a Cpap machine and as a truck driver I have to use it even on vacation to be compliant to be able to go back to work when vacations is over..... With that being said..... I've read that plugs in the cabins are only on the desk. So can I bring an extension cord and a small power strip? We are going on the Princess Grand and staying in a balcony cabin on the Baja deck. Also can the plugs accommodate curling irons, flat irons??

Thanks for any input!! Our last cruise was back in '07

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been on 7 different Princess ships. My wife and I both have Cpaps. I also bring my laptop and of course there are tablets phones, etc. I always bring 2 cords and one multi strip. There are usually 2 - 3 plugs on the desk and 1 on the "floor board" on the wall next to the bathroom door.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Yes, you can bring a small power strip and extension cord with you on the Grand Princess. I've heard that some cabin stewards don't like power strips and will unplug them but I've never experienced that. Make sure your TA lets Princess know that you'll be using a CPAP machine.

Also note that if you use distilled water in your humidifier, Princess will graciously provide it; you don't need to lug it.

We travel with two CPAPs: our plug-in arrangement is a grounded three-way adapter with a pigtail cord (not the solid block kind that would block all the outlets) plugged in to the desk area 120V outlet, one CPAP plugged into the adapter with a short cord and then a long 120V cord that plugs into the CPAP AC adapter running along the back of the desk and behind the head of the bed to the other nightstand. Works like a charm.

Since neither of us like humidification, and thus don't need water, we never bother to inform Princess.

I use a Cpap machine and as a truck driver I have to use it even on vacation to be compliant to be able to go back to work when vacations is over..... With that being said..... I've read that plugs in the cabins are only on the desk. So can I bring an extension cord and a small power strip? We are going on the Princess Grand and staying in a balcony cabin on the Baja deck. Also can the plugs accommodate curling irons, flat irons??

Make sure the multi plug you bring has NO surge protection which is not allowed. Just the plugs only.

Plugging in your CPAP has been covered well by previous posters.

Don't forget to bring:

- your power cord (happens all the time)

- an extra mask cushion or pillows

- some duct tape(just in case your hose springs a leak)

- if you're flying, your CPAP is carry-on luggage and doesn't count in the maximum that you can carry-on (DO NOT put your CPAP in your suitcase!!)

BTW: the water from the faucet is essentially distilled water. The ship provided water is fine, but you can use the tap water without a problem.

Also, the plugs on the ship can accommodate anything that plugs in at home, just remember that some things aren't allowed. If "flat iron" is referring to what you use to iron clothes...it's one of the things that aren't allowed.

Thank you everyone this is all very helpful. We sail on the Regal in a balcony cabin in 13 days. Last vacation my husband forgot his CPAP and I didn't sleep :(. How long of an extension cord would we need to bring?

Bring at least 2 ten footers.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone this is all very helpful. We sail on the Regal in a balcony cabin in 13 days. Last vacation my husband forgot his CPAP and I didn't sleep :(. How long of an extension cord would we need to bring?

If I could get away with not bringing it, I would but my husband said he would like to sleep!! [emoji23]

Strictly speaking, it isn't necessary to bring an extension cord. Princess will provide those, along with the distilled water if you wish. I never bring a separate extension cord. We do bring different devices to plug into the wall, to accomodate all our devices - on the Star we used the plug behind the tv for charging cell phones and Kindles.

The extension cords provided by princess are industrial-strength orange ones and about twice as long as necessary.

With the usual cord that comes with a CPAP, a 12 foot extension cord generally covers all issues.

When it doesn't, my trick is a light-socket-to-outlet adapter for the bedside lamp. NOTE THAT THESE ARE 250V CIRCUITS ON MOST PRINCESS SHIPS. Many CPAPs work at 250V with a plug adapter but check the manual or the power supply label.