Triumph questions - new to Carnival

We have never sailed on the Triumph or Carnival at all, although have been on many other cruise lines (Princess, Disney, NCL, others long ago). We are really looking forward to our July 3 cruise from NOLA, but would love to hear from someone who has been on the Triumph as to what to expect. A few particular questions: is there an adult pool, and is there an extra charge for it? What's the main dining experience like? Thoughts on set dining times vs. go when you want? Any not to miss shows or events? Do they have movies on deck in the evening?

Any other tips or suggestions would be very much welcome - thank you!

Hi

We were on the Triumph this past December for my b-day.

We are experienced Carnival cruisers and I must say the Triumph was my least favorite ship because of its long lines at the buffet and the amount of disorganization for getting off the ship.

We still had a good time!

There is no extra charge for any pool. I don't think there is an adult only one but the aft pool is quieter.

There are movies shown at night in the main pool area.

We were very happy with the MDR and we always do Your Time Dining and not set dining. You can request a table for your own travel group and if you like your servers the first night then request them every night so they get to know your preferences.

Welcome to Carnival! Triumph has two pools, neither of which are exclusively adult pools. Both are free :) I always choose "Your Time Dining" because I don't like having to stress over whether we'll be on time for dinner or not. I've noticed that the dining times are getting longer (than when I first started cruising), usually between 1 hour, 45 minutes and 2 hours. But that's for a table of four people. Might be less time for less people...

There are movies on the Lido deck at night. If it is a popular movie/must see, then try to get there about 15 minutes early to get a decent seat. Because of the layout of the Lido deck, there were lots of areas where it was difficult to see the movie.

As for shows, we have always enjoyed the "Love & Marriage" show. It's hilarious, and if you have a good cruise director, it's definitely worth a watch! Check out the comedians too. Normally I find that at least one of them is worth seeing.

Expect it to be a more enthusiastic crowd living up to the name FUN ship!

Having cruised Princess the biggest difference we see is that Carnival is much more casual (collared shirts no tie on elegant as opposed to tux/suit on Princess) and you are more likely to find inappropriate behavior.

Don't get me wrong - we love Carnival. But we find sometimes a few passengers may not demonstrate class and courteous behavior. A Princess cruise is more classic and elegant.

So don't be surprised at a man wearing a tank top in the MDR at dinner, an 11 pm party in the hall, or people who have consumed too much alcohol getting mad because they maxed out Cheers and can't be served another drink at 9 or 10 pm. Seen it all on Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums