cabana added to website.

trenter33

Usually, you have to wait until you're onboard to book.

No incorrect.

If you are in a suite then you communicate to the concierge and he will book and assign. Some people have been able to do this months out, others on different ships just weeks out.

The ones on Nellies beach are under the excursions page and show up sometimes over a year out.

Keep checking, when people book on Nellies beach and then cancel and these can open up at any time.

Good luck.

Sea Ya

Sue is correct, but I'll try to explain a little more - there are lots of threads in this board about Labadee, but I will try to be specific to your question.

At Labadee, there are 2 areas that have Cabanas to rent:

Barefoot Beach and Nellies Beach.

The ones at Barefoot beach are reserved for those traveling in suites. I'm not sure of the cabin categories on Celebrity, but a Junior Suite on Royal Caribbean is not a "Suite" for the definition used here. So, you have to be travelling in a full suite to rent these. These cannot be booked online. A few weeks before the cruise leaves, the concierge will contact (or you can contact them) suite guests to help with reservations - this is the time you can book one. Agian - only for suites.

The ones at Nellies Beach are open to anyone - and can be booked online like a normal excursion. However, these are VERY sought after, and can be reserved a year in advance online - so they normally sell out long before a lot of other people even book their cruise. If you are one of the lucky ones to have grabbed a cabana reservation online - good job!

Keep checking even if they show sold out. People cancel cruises all of the time, and if they had a cabana reserved - it will show up online again.

IF you had no luck gettting one online - your last chance is to go to the excursion desk on the ship to see if any have opened up. I have even heard that if there are any Barefoot cabanas left, they may rent them to non-suite guests once all the suite guests have had their chance to rent them first.

I've been to Labadee 3 times, and twice we got a cabana - it's worth the $250 in my opinion.

Usually, you have to wait until you're onboard to book.

Sue.. what is the story with cb at sea? Their posts are most often misleading, or out-right wrong. They appear to be a seasoned cruiser. I'm guessing they travel in suites, or are pinnacle, and post only about that perspective?

My cruise is also in Dec 2015 and I've been looking for over a month now. I believe, based on what other people have reported experiencing when they are sold out (i.e. they see Nellie's cabana, they just aren't able to add it to their cruise), that they just haven't been open for booking yet. However, I have noticed the number of excursions in labadee showing available have increased recently so I'm checking daily now :)

• 2 weeks later...
My cruise is also in Dec 2015 and I've been looking for over a month now. I believe, based on what other people have reported experiencing when they are sold out (i.e. they see Nellie's cabana, they just aren't able to add it to their cruise), that they just haven't been open for booking yet. However, I have noticed the number of excursions in labadee showing available have increased recently so I'm checking daily now :)

Yeah in my opinion this seems to be the more likely scenario, at least for my Feb. '15 booking. The Nellies over water cabanas technically "appeared" on the excursion site, but not once were they ever available to actually add to your cart. I assume it was because it was too far outside of 90 days. But now that I'm just inside of 90 days, they aren't even on there at all. I'd bet any money that they just have to be added on, along with other excursions for Labadee and all other ports. So I'll be checking daily, as this was the #1 reason we booked this sailing to begin with. I'd gladly pay double in cash to someone who already booked one if they'd give it up to me, no questions asked. Hope it doesn't come to that, but I'll do what I have to do! :D

• 4 weeks later...
Called Celebrity excursions today and they said the Nellie cabanas are NOT available online and can only be reserved once onboard.

Thanks for your post.

This seems to be one of yet another changes to the cruising scene.

And this one took me awhile to believe............I cannot believe they would make it more challenging to get one, and make people wait in line to book.

For years they were listed on the Excursion section to pre-book.

I wonder what the reasoning is?????

Thanks

Sea Ya

Called Celebrity excursions today and they said the Nellie cabanas are NOT available online and can only be reserved once onboard.

Well that's not bad news at all, at least for me and my early March sailing where I was NEVER able too book a cabana for months. Glad to know I wasn't crazy, makes much more sense that they were never available to begin with. Wife is ecstatic to hear this, she was sooooo disappointed when it looked like we missed out on one this time. Of course, getting one will mean we'll have to deal with the stress of b-lining it to the excursion desk once on board, but hey it's worth a shot! :cool:

I was wondering what is the earliest time I could board the ship, and book the cabana. Then I realized I would be on the ship at 12:00 am on the day of our next cruise, B2B 12-13-15 and 12-18. So the question is do you think we can book the cabana before we have to disembark on 12- 18?

• 1 month later...