2 Questions for Regent cruisers

venicia

We booked a cruise on Voyager for the Northern Europe cruise, 08/23/16. Could you tell me if we will need to obtain visas for the Russian portion of the cruise. We have never cruised with Regent before and after reading postings here, it would appear if we do the ships tours a visa is not required. We will be doing ship tours since this is new territory for us. Always, year after year have either gone to Australia or the Med. Time to explore new lands.

2nd question: I can't seem to find if there are formal evenings or is "smart casual" appropriate for dinner in all the dining rooms?

Since this is our first cruise on Regent any other tips you could furnish would be greatly appreciated.

We have cruised over 40 times with multiple lines, but the best information always is provided by persons with experience on the ship you will be sailing.

thanks for any assistance you can provide

JB

As long as you only take Regent excursions in St Petersburg, you will not need a visa. You only need one if you are arranging private tours.

All restaurants are "smart casual" on all nights.

Enjoy your cruise - I'm sure you will.

The dress code on the all Regent cruises of less than 16 nights is smart casual every night. Also, you will not need a visa if you take a Regent tour or if you use a Russian tour company such as Red October.

I'll be happy to try and answer any other questions you might have.

Agree with last post regarding visas. As long as you are using a licensed tour guide in Russia (or Regent), you do not need a visa.

"Elegant Casual" is a fairly easy dress code to adhere to. Collared shirts and slacks for men (no jeans or shorts) and just about anything for women except jeans, shorts or t-shirts). During the day, shorts and/or jeans and t-shirts are fine. The dress code goes into effect at 6:00 p.m.

My favorite tip........ you can order just about anything 24 hours in advance (lobster, Indian food, Beef Wellington for example). Just contact the head waiter in CR (Compass Rose). Also, if you aren't hungry, order an appetizer portion of the entrée. Or, order a entrée size order of an appetizer. If you are really hungry, order a double portion:)

We recently returned from our Baltics cruise. You will see I posted a mini review. Everyday on the ship you get a newsletter called Passages. This is what it said about the Visas, "Unless you hold tickets for an organized ship's tour or a prearranged tour with a licensed Russian tour company, you will only be permitted to go ashore if you hold a valid Russian visa." When we went through immigration they wanted to see our passport and tour ticket.

Thank you all for this wonderful information. We are very anxious to visit this area of Europe and especially a cruise with Regent.

I will say the service we received so far from our personal travel consultant has been fantastic. She is very knowledgeable, personable and always has responded back to us immediately.

again, thank you all for your speedy replies!:)