Grand Cayman scavenger hunt

Ready2Cruise2016

I know this is a bit of an odd question.. But on the Carnival forum we were talking about putting together a scavenger hunt for our families. I am wanting to make it a week long thing, and include our ports. I have a ton of general ideas, but looking for something that is Cayman specific.

So far I have:

Cayman flag

Cayman money

petting the stingrays (ok that will be an easy one for everyone, but still...)

That's it. LOL When we get to port, we'll be going on the Stingray tour. After that, it's possible we'll go to Seven Mile Beach, if there's time. Then back to the port to buy some souvenirs. (I'm assuming there's a large area to shop at right before tendering back to the ship?)

Does anyone have any good ideas that might be Cayman specific? That they can take pictures of, or things they can participate in they they can photograph/video? Like in Jamaica, one of the items is a picture of them wearing a rasta hat. Is Grand Cayman 'known' for anything like that?

- selfie with Big Black Dick (life-size statue of pirate found at various rum stores)

- restaurant that they also have at home (many options, like Burger King, Wendy's, KFC, Dairy Queen, etc)

- Sir Turtle logo (Cayman mascot)

- bank

- rum or rum cake

- "historical notes" sign (lots around giving a fact about the place or landmark)

- palm tree, coconut, iguana, chicken (easy ones for the younger kids since they're all over the place)

If you're wandering downtown taking photos, tell them they get bonus points for pics of the chickens in front of KFC. It's always struck me as a bad place for chickens to hang out, but they do... ;-)

If you're wandering downtown taking photos, tell them they get bonus points for pics of the chickens in front of KFC. It's always struck me as a bad place for chickens to hang out, but they do... ;-)

Ooooh! They would love that one. :) Not sure where downtown is, but we'll for sure put it on the list and keep an eye out.

Ooooh! They would love that one. :) Not sure where downtown is, but we'll for sure put it on the list and keep an eye out.

Sorry, that's just the port area. KFC is a few doors down one of the side streets leading away from the water. Very close to the port.

There's also a KFC in a plaza that you'll pass between Seven Mile Beach and the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Photo with one or more of our iconic statues downtown:

- Stingray statue in foundtain near Bayshore Mall

- Iguana - many multicolored painted iguana statues scattered around the island

Seaman or Women's Advancement statues - Heroes Square near courthouse

Photo with one or more of our iconic statues downtown:

- Stingray statue in foundtain near Bayshore Mall

- Iguana - many multicolored painted iguana statues scattered around the island

Seaman or Women's Advancement statues - Heroes Square near courthouse

These are great ideas also! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...