Aft Cabin Question? Please Help...

I would like to know if anyone has ever stayed in the Voyager class ship,

Junior Suite AFT Cabin 1394 on deck 10?

Would like to know about view. Is it obstructed with the ships rear metal framing?

How is the noise from the resturant being right above?

Any debris from the rear end of the ship floating into the cabin?

Rocking of the ship?

One of my friends who is also sailing with us, has offered to switch his Junior Suite on the same deck (close to the middle of the ship) with ours.

Any replys would be appreciated.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Explorer of the Seas 08/21/05

Carnival Elation 08/2003

Carnival Destiny 11/01

Carnival Celebration 02/99

Carnival Fascination 06/98

Carnival Inspiration 06/96

From everything I have heard it is one of the best rooms on the ship due to its way over sized deck (I believe it is about 15x15) and great views, especially in port. Also, as it is in the aft, there is less traffic by the room although your walk will be a bit longer. I have asked this same question often as we are booked in this cabin on the Mariner starting this Sunday. Thus I should be an expert in about a week. I will be glad to let you know how we liked it, but if I were you I wouldn't swap.

We had this room but on the Explorer of the Sea. It is a great room and I wouldnt trade. I did not hear any noise from upstairs and never had any debris. View is great and wonderfull balcony. There is a little more motion but it was like being rocked to sleep everynight.

We had 1394 on the Navigator OTS and it is GREAT! I can understand why someone wants to trade, don't do it!! We went through Tropical Storm George in this cabin and did not feel that much motion. No noise from above.

Mike

I just want to let you know that from what I could tell (we stayed in the RFS right below on the Voyager), that you won't get any sun on the balcony. It is a huge balcony but completely covered. Thus you shouldn't get any debris or ash or rain either. And a good view above the metal framing. So as long as you weren't planning on getting a tan on your balcony, you will really enjoy the cabin and extra large balcony.

Thanks to all of those who posted. I guess I won't be swapping my 15x15 size balcony.

I am glad thier is a place where I can post a question and get such honest and rapid response. Thank you Cruise Critic.

One more question, How far is the closest elevator /or stairs?

Any PICS of this stateroom (or one like)?

Again thanks to all.

Chris

Thanks to all of those who posted. I guess I won't be swapping my 15x15 size balcony.

I am glad thier is a place where I can post a question and get such honest and rapid response. Thank you Cruise Critic.

Again thanks to all.

Chris

The closest elevator for you will be midship.

Sorry i can't help you with pics but i'm sure someone else can ;)

~~Debbie~~

We stayed in 1694 next door. We absolutely loved this cabin. We didn't experience any noise from above, no soot or debris.

The view is wonderful, it is well worth the long walk. Very private back there. You won't be disappointed.

Again thanks to all.

Chris

Here's your pictures.........

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow?ID=48328219&key=CtbGLi

Again thanks to all.

Chris

We stayed in 1394 on Voyager last Sept, fell in love with it and and booked it again for this October. And we will book it again while on board this year for 2006!

Here's some pics:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze77uo0/id1.html

The elevator and stairs are some distance away, but that's the price for quiet ;) I'd say about 200 feet from cabin to elevators.

Would like to know about view. Is it obstructed with the ships rear metal framing?

Not really. The metal framing is below eye level, and is hardly noticable, IMHO. You get a great vista.

How is the noise from the resturant being right above?

None.

Any debris from the rear end of the ship floating into the cabin?

No!

Rocking of the ship?

We sailed from NY to the Caribbean, between *three* active hurricanes. The ship didn't rock much, and the aft cabin was certainly no worse than anywhere else, again, IMO.

We stayed in room 1394 on a Voyager-class ship. The balcony was extremely large, but because it is on the tenth floor, when you look out the railing it is extremely hard to not look down and see all the other passenger's on their balconies. (This is because the aft of the ship is somewhat like a staircase :rolleyes: ) I almost felt like a peeping-Tom because I recall seeing some absurd happenings on a few occasions. Oh well, at least you know that no one is able to spy on you from above.

The walk is a killer, but I amuse myself by snagging some of the mints from the various cleaning carts along the way. :D You'd think they'd know better than to leave a whole bucket of mints in the middle of a hallway, especially when a chocaholic is passing through.

Like the other posters, I never noticed any debris or noise. It is a fantastic room. I'll see if I can hunt down some additional pictures for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Mariner in 1394, and as far as we are concerned it is the best cabin on the ship. The balcony is huge, the view incredible, the halls are quiet and the walk was not as bad as I thought it would be - and with all the food I needed the exercise. I will always try and book this cabin again.

Archived