Washing Dulles airport to Baltimore port

Canadianmama3

Anyone have ideas for transportation from Washington Dulles to the Baltimore port other then renting a car? I understand it's the farthest airport but if we decide to fly I can take a flight from Toronto (and be dropped off at the Toronto airport) to Washington Dulles. Or I can drive to Buffalo and fly to Baltimore. So I would have to travel either way. So I'm just considering all our options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From (excerpts) one of the BWI-IAD shared shuttle services:

The distances and traffic are substantial so at least 5 hours are recommended between flights. Due to the nature of shared rides, please, allow up to an hour for your scheduled pick-up time.

And, it's not cheap for the transfer. One-way car rental/dropoff can get expensive as well. If you can drive across the border, park & fly out of BUF - it might not be a bad idea.

Not flying in day of cruise, I hope ??

What time of day and how many people? What day of the week? I assume you're coming in a day early and need a drop off at a hotel?

You have a number of options. None are particularly inexpensive, but this is done all the time. People fly into Dulles and fly out of BWI, or fly into Dulles to go to Baltimore, usually on international flights.Supershuttle shows a shared ride for $83 for two people, or a direct ride for 1-3 passengers for $103. There are other options through their Execucar service. I'd expect at least 1 1/2 hours outside of rush hour, and it can get a lot heavier with construction, earth wobble, random sunspot activity, etc.

If you don't have a lot of luggage, there is the bus to the Silver Line into DC, and look at transferring to Amtrak or Marc at Union Station. Probably less expensive, but not as simple.

Otherwise, it's price a one way rental with your preferred company and compare.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for future info. I would never plan on flying into Dullias ( IAD ) and cruising out of Baltimore. But if you do, rental car will be the cheapest option and your looking at a solid 2-3 hours drive time in good traffic. 1 accident can shut down the beltway and you could be crawling for 5 hours.

Oh and remember this is DC traffic, so if you can't tell if the screw holding the license plate on the car in front of you are Philips or slotted, you have left to much room and a car will squeeze in the gap and this is at 80 mph or as the more common 10 mph.

Just for future info. I would never plan on flying into Dullias ( IAD ) and cruising out of Baltimore. But if you do, rental car will be the cheapest option and your looking at a solid 2-3 hours drive time in good traffic. 1 accident can shut down the beltway and you could be crawling for 5 hours.

Oh and remember this is DC traffic, so if you can't tell if the screw holding the license plate on the car in front of you are Philips or slotted, you have left to much room and a car will squeeze in the gap and this is at 80 mph or as the more common 10 mph.

Actually, it's if you can see the gnat that's landed in the screw slot...

Seriously, though. I wouldn't recommend Dulles as my first choice for a cruise out of Baltimore, but I can't dismiss it outright. There are a LOT of flights into Dulles from all over the world, and it may just be the best option. (I'd fly direct into Dulles and drive any day of the week if my alternative was to connect through O'Hare in the winter!) What I would never recommend is flying into Dulles on the day of a cruise and gamble on traffic to Baltimore.

Actually, it's if you can see the gnat that's landed in the screw slot...

Seriously, though. I wouldn't recommend Dulles as my first choice for a cruise out of Baltimore, but I can't dismiss it outright. There are a LOT of flights into Dulles from all over the world, and it may just be the best option. (I'd fly direct into Dulles and drive any day of the week if my alternative was to connect through O'Hare in the winter!) What I would never recommend is flying into Dulles on the day of a cruise and gamble on traffic to Baltimore.

I agree, I frogot to add, in the same day.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk