looking for cruiseline recommendations in Europe or Asia

juanarcin

Hello all! I'm somewhat new to cruising but loving it so far! I've been on 5 cruises. All have been on either Royal or Carnival and 4 of them have been in the Eastern Med. 2 have been on smaller ships (mariner of the seas) and the others have been on giant ships (vista, anthem).

I love seeing Europe and would love to see Asia. But now that I'm planning my next trip, it makes me sad that most itineraries are visiting places I've been to numerous times (Italy, Greece, Turkey, France, Spain).

While I don't mind revisiting most of these amazing places, a big part of my travel motivation is seeing something new! My issue is that if I stick to Royal or Carnival, then my options to see new things are limited and sometimes non existent depending on the time of year. So I want to consider other cruise lines but have heard bad things. We're not picky as far as expectations but don't want to sacrifice good food or entertainment. We're not much for pools, massages, or anything like that. We mostly eat, drink, explore and dance!

So with that in mind, have any of you had great experiences with other cruiselines? any lines I should stay away from? What are the main differences? Any guidance would be a huge help for our next cruise planning! thanks!!!

NCL & MSC come to mind. I think food is very subjective. I don't pay to much heed to reviews either.

There's Princess & Celebrity, they were good cruises but I found them a little boring.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the reply Kerry! I know food is subjective, so I'm hoping to find something on par with the level of quality that is on Royal and Carnival. They each had food we loved, food we liked and food we disliked. We also try the specialty restaurants often if that helps.

go to the top of the page select FIND A CRUISE

check Asia then the time of year you want to go

it will show what lines are there then

Check one that suits your budget & the ports you are interested in seeing

If you're happy to try cruise lines which are not US managed, there's quite a few lines which have ships sailing in Europe, probably with different ports to the usual ones. The ones with modern ships are Costa, MSC, Cunard, P&O; there are several lines with smaller, older ships which have unusual itineraries such as Thomson, C&M, Fred Olsen (the food is excellent on there), Celestyal for Greece... and lines with only one ship, such as Saga- although that has an age of 50+- Voyages to Antiquity etc.

Have you thought about looking at cruises to Norway, Iceland, Greenland, Round British Isles?Or going down the Atlantic coast of France and Spain? There are also small ships which can take you up some of the rivers to places like Seville before continuing back at sea...

Hope you can find something which suits you. :)