Boarding Eurodam in Seattle

Snuffy27

We will be driving to Seattle in a couple of weeks to cruise Eurodam out of Seattle. Our paperwork shows boarding @1pm. We will be parking in a cruise parking lot there and not exactly sure what time we will arrive. Does all boarding start at 1pm or can we board earlier if we want? I thought I heard boarding may start at 11am. I don't want to arrive at 11am and stand around in lines for 2 plus hours.

We were on the August 12 sailing out of Seattle. We arrived at the terminal around 11 and were onboard in our cabin, a bit before noon. I think they started boarding around 11:30. It was wonderful all cabins were ready when we boarded! I don't know how they do it.

Boarding for HAL cruises starts at 11:30 if all has gone well.

Yes -- HAL tries to have all cabins ready at 11:30 so that you can drop off carry-ons, etc. and then do whatever you want to do. I.E. -- have lunch (either in the Lido or the main dining room), explore the ship, check on any pre-booked reservations.

So you can check-in and board earlier than your designated time? Is this only for high-star Mariner's? We're supposed to board at 1pm, but were hoping to get boarding assistance for my mom. Since it's on a first come-first serve I wondered if we should show earlier.

The cruise parking lot is on the north side of the Magnolia Bridge and maybe a 5 minute drive to the cruise terminal which is on the south side of the bridge. Shuttle service is provided between the two locations and run often. No need to drop luggage off at the terminal unless you want to.

You can check in as early as 10:30 no matter how many stars you have. My husband requires wheel chair assistance to board and I have our travel agent notify HAL and they have it taken care of. We park at the Armory lot (less expensive, just as close, and great staff) and when we get to the port the driver or a porter gets a wheelchair for us right away and he's wheeled all the way to the check-in area. Once checked in they need the wheelchair for others so we sit in the disability area. By 11:20 or so the ship's personnel bring off the ship's wheelchairs and we get on right after the suites and the high-star mariners. There is wheelchair help all day. Once on board be sure you check in at guest services a day or two into the cruise and confirm that your mom is on the list for wheelchair help at disembarking time.

Karen