Using rum runners in their checked bags

Ive used rum runners without any problems. This is what has worked for me. When we arrive at the port, my wife hands off the luggage to the porter. She slips him a jackson. With a wink and a smile, she tells him its very important the luggage makes it to the cabin as soon as possible. I havent had a single problem yet.

I have no moral objections to rum runners, but if they're so miraculously invisible to x-rays, why isn't everyone using them to smuggle liquids on planes, through the x-rays at the airport?

I suspect the reason they work is not due to invisibility, but because they're just not bottle shaped, and the security teams are mostly scanning for bottles. I'm sure they can spot them, but decided not to seek them out.

Maybe it's because I'm not a big time cruiser like some here and don't have a loyalty to the cruise industry, but it doesn't bother me reading about people trying to sneak rum on board the ship.

My Royal Caribbean stock is doing great depute people smuggling rum on board.

A few pieces of advice. Don't overfill and don't get greedy and take too many. Use real rum runners from the website and don't just buy an off brand at Specs or somewhere else. If taking more than one split between checked luggage. Roll in a pair of jeans or put in a shoe and pack a bunch of stuff around it.

Edited by debbs0723

Ive used rum runners without any problems. This is what has worked for me. When we arrive at the port, my wife hands off the luggage to the porter. She slips him a jackson. With a wink and a smile, she tells him its very important the luggage makes it to the cabin as soon as possible. I havent had a single problem yet.

Hate to put a pin in your balloon, but the porters are not the ones who x-ray the luggage.

or you could tell them Daddy just saved $100 and now you have more money to spend on video games. then they high-5 each other.

Love to see the high five when the kids gets caught smuggling something else onto the ship and they get thrown off. Dog's only as smart as it's master. Just sayin' :D

Edited by Big_G

Love to see the high five when the kids gets caught smuggling something else onto the ship and they get thrown off. Dog's only as smart as it's master. Just sayin' :D

I have always owned German Short Haired Pointers and they have always been smarter then me.

My kids are 41 and 38 so I'm pretty sure they could care less if I use Rum Runners. In fact every $1.00 I save is another .50 each down the road for them.

I have always owned German Short Haired Pointers and they have always been smarter then me.

My kids are 41 and 38 so I'm pretty sure they could care less if I use Rum Runners. In fact every $1.00 I save is another .50 each down the road for them.

I didn't think you were referring to yourself. Are you still buying them video games? ;)

Maybe some of you don't know but years back you were aloud to bring all the liquor you wanted on board and you could even buy a bottle on board and drink it. This no liquor is a recent thing and not very well policed, because the cruise lines really don't care. The more you drink the more likely you are to spend money. They just do this to look like they care about how drunk people get on a cruise, because of the negative publicity it has gotten in recent years.

I have no moral objections to rum runners, but if they're so miraculously invisible to x-rays, why isn't everyone using them to smuggle liquids on planes, through the x-rays at the airport?

I suspect the reason they work is not due to invisibility, but because they're just not bottle shaped, and the security teams are mostly scanning for bottles. I'm sure they can spot them, but decided not to seek them out.

I don't try to smuggle on a plane because I don't want any hassle with Homeland Security.