shore tours

oneshotchasem

Since I am new to the cruise game, I have heard that tours can be accomplished by joining forces with other guests and securing a private tour. How does one go about inviting other passengers to join them on a tour that is already booked? I am contemplating a private tour (up to 6 passengers in a vehicle - tour operator notes a "vehicle price" that works out to be less expensive than if I were to book a shore excursion) but would invite other passengers to join my wife and I and share the expense if they were so inclined. Are there boards that I can post on that would detail cruise dates and planned tours that others could view? Are there shipboard posts that make such deals known? It may be that others have the same idea and have already secured such a tour that we would be interested in.

Since I am new to the cruise game, I have heard that tours can be accomplished by joining forces with other guests and securing a private tour. How does one go about inviting other passengers to join them on a tour that is already booked? I am contemplating a private tour (up to 6 passengers in a vehicle - tour operator notes a "vehicle price" that works out to be less expensive than if I were to book a shore excursion) but would invite other passengers to join my wife and I and share the expense if they were so inclined. Are there boards that I can post on that would detail cruise dates and planned tours that others could view? Are there shipboard posts that make such deals known? It may be that others have the same idea and have already secured such a tour that we would be interested in.

Go to the Roll Call forum, go to the section for your cruise line, and then for your ship. Find the date of your sailing and you'll find some of your fellow passengers.

That is the place to organize private tours or to join one.

Here is the way to your Roll Call.

To join, go to the top of this page and move the cursor over "Community". Select Roll Calls from the drop down. Scroll to your cruise line and then Click on your ship. Finally, find the thread for your sailing.

In addition, you can talk it up on the ship if you still need people. Of course this will work better if the tour is later in the cruise.