Travel insurance question

KammyJo3

I use insure my trip and put in the required information and then multiple insurance policies and their fees show up. Review them for what YOU want to be covered - and pay for it. It's pretty simple, just decide what you want covered, example cancel for any reason (or pre-existing condition), etc. we covered our entire trip (cruise, airfare, etc) (including medical evacuation, cancel for any reason/pre-existing condition) and for the 2 of us is less than half what Carnival quoted.

I echo the previous response. Many of us use insuremytrip dot com. There are plenty of companies that they will show policies for, then you can sort through them. Make sure that what you are concerned about happening will be a covered reason under the policy. You will probably find something that will suit you at a price much less than what Carnival offers.

Has anyone ever purchased travel insurance for airfare? If yes, who is a reputable company?

Thanks! Kammy

I just looked into it tonight.. I booked flights for April 2016 with American Airlines. They offered it as I was getting ready to purchased . I declined at the time, then thought I probably should get it , being AA charges a $200.00 fee and I paid $211.00 per ticket x5. So I googled and came up with a comparison chart for all different insurance agencies. I found Travel Guard to have the best positive reviews and best rate based on my trip cost . To insure the flights it would cost $77.00 vs $113.00 that AA offered through their website with another insurer. I'm going to call and buy it for that price, it included a lot of other coverages also.

• 4 weeks later...