Princess Children's Menu (Just Posted)

ProfTW

We just got off the Grand Princess with our 10 year old son. While doing research for the cruise, I searched for samples of the Princess children's menu. I kept on coming across a post from 2004 so I thought I would upload a copy from our cruise for anyone interested. Apparently, the menu is similar fleet wide and looks like it hasn't changed much since 2004.

My son ate from both the children's and adult menu (lots of great pastas and salads that he liked). He was actually quite adventurous and would often try items of the regular menu unless it was just too much of a stretch (no way was he going to try escargot :) ).

14565032648_ae2c25887e_o.jpg on Flickr

On a side note, the crew on the Grand Princess did a fabulous job with my son's severe peanut and nut allergy. We felt that they did a more thorough job than the Disney Wonder we did two years ago (even though Disney is supposed to be the "gold" standard when it comes to food allergies). A separate post is coming regarding the food allergies.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by ProfTW
Trouble embedding photo

• 2 weeks later...
We just got off the Grand Princess with our 10 year old son. While doing research for the cruise, I searched for samples of the Princess children's menu. I kept on coming across a post from 2004 so I thought I would upload a copy from our cruise for anyone interested. Apparently, the menu is similar fleet wide and looks like it hasn't changed much since 2004.

My son ate from both the children's and adult menu (lots of great pastas and salads that he liked). He was actually quite adventurous and would often try items of the regular menu unless it was just too much of a stretch (no way was he going to try escargot :) ).

14565032648_ae2c25887e_o.jpg on Flickr

On a side note, the crew on the Grand Princess did a fabulous job with my son's severe peanut and nut allergy. We felt that they did a more thorough job than the Disney Wonder we did two years ago (even though Disney is supposed to be the "gold" standard when it comes to food allergies). A separate post is coming regarding the food allergies.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Off topic, but I was wondering. How did you like the food offerings for kids on Disney compared to Princess? How about the kids clubs?

Sorry for the delay MoyCoy. Did not see your post until now.

As per food differences between Disney and Princess, please keep in mind that we were on the Wonder two years ago. Things may have changed. That said, we found the kids menu very much the same between the two lines as in they had similar items and basically did not change from day to day. Food quality, my son said he liked Princess better but that could be attributed to the recency of the Princess cruise.

One thing we did find was that Princess was better able to adapt and change its offerings. If my son wanted more fruit or vegetable (we are fortunate that he likes lots of vegetables) that were not on the menu, Princess would make it happen. On the Disney Wonder is 2012, we were told sorry they could not accommodate or he would receive three steamed mini carrots (I kid you not). On Princess, they would bring a side plate of a variety of vegetable or ask us what we specifically wanted.

As per dealing with food allergies, no contest, Princess did a much better job. On Princess, we found them going the extra mile to ensure he had a variety of food he enjoyed. This may have also contributed to my son`s enjoyment of Princess food more.

In terms of the kid`s club, again, my son says he liked Princess better. That said, he spent more time in the Disney club. What he claimed to like the activities on Princess more than DCL ones. Both Disney and Princess tended to focus on science or art related activities. Disney also had a food related activities which he did not participate because of his allergies. We noticed that many of the Disney art activities were of the coloring variety (a lot painted animation cels). Princess has an agreement with Klutz publishing to do a lot of their activities (google them in unfamiliar) and with the California Science centre for the science activities.

One thing we noted which explains why my son did not spend much time in the Princess kids club is that it is very small for the number of kids - much smaller than Disney`s on the Wonder. For his age group, when they had 15-20 children, it felt really crowded. My son is on the autism spectrum and crowds take a lot out of him.

On Disney, the Children`s clubs are much larger (8-10 times larger) and there are a lot of activities even if you don`t want to do the scheduled activity. With Disney, my son could go in and play games (video or board games) with other kids while the scheduled activity was going on. On Princess, if a child does not want to do the scheduled activity, there was nothing really for them to do. Often we would drop them off to do an activity and within 20-30 minutes he was with us because the next activity did not interest him.

Again, keep in mind that we were on the Disney Wonder and Grand Princess two years apart. Things may have changed on the Wonder. However, both cruises were taken in mid July with many children on both ships (much less on Princess but I would say still a lot - in the hundreds).

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.