Does MSC have life vests for toddlers?

kj_connections

They do have age appropriate life vests for children. They also have additional lifevests on the tenders. Since you are going to the caribbean and your child will have the chance to swim, I recommend bringing a swimvest with you that fits nicely for the purpose of swimming. I had a great inflatable one that packed flat in the suitcase. You can get them online. They work well in the water and keep the child bouyant. I never let my child out of my reach of course but I got the heebie jeebies about the idea of not being able to find him if we were hit by a wave or if the water was dark.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

They are required to have appropriate life jackets (for emergencies) for all passengers.

We sailed on Allure with DD when she was 2 and the cabin steward made sure there was the appropriate life jacket in our closet for her. We plan to sail MSC with her (3 now) soon to the Eastern Caribbean and will ask the attendant there for one if it isn't already done. We won't be putting a life jacket on her for tenders unless we are told we have to (in all my years of cruising I've never really seen it, but then again I didn't have a child with me).

Just to clarify- the tenders have toddler lifevests. Do most people request them for the tender ride- no. I never have. They aren't mandatory or even offered to the passengers but they are there. If you want your child to wear one- you must specifically ask when you are about to board the tender and someone will get one for you. My suggestion would be to have your child wear a swimvest that you bring from home. It will be useful on the beaches and make you feel less anxious on the tender.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain