Waterproof camera recommendations?

BIG_Steve

Looking for recommendations for a pocket camera that can go in the water snorkeling with me. Would like to keep it below $200.00. I can find them online, was hoping to hear some first hand pros and cons. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I have a Canon powershot SX20 IS. While I love that camera, a waterproof case is priced multiple times what I paid for the camera. I also tried one of those form fitting bags for underwater use on a different camera, and didn't care for it.

I have a Olympus TG 2. Good to 50 feet underwater, shockproof also 12 MP sensor, GPS tracking. Over $300 though. Look at reviews. Will accept add on telephoto and fisheye lenses

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab

I am also loomiking for waterproof camera between 100$ to 400$ . I've heard horror stories of waterproof cameras getting destroy by water by snorkeling.

The Olympus tg 2 has a double lock on battery/sd card compartment and double lock on charging/video out compartment. Certified for 50 feet underwater

I have a Cannon D10 and it has been in the ocean many times, never a leak. Having said that reading the directions for care of all these water cameras is essential. The big key is to always flesh/soak in fresh water after use in saltwater.

Sent from my iPad

I have 2 Canon D10's and love them and purchased an Olympus Tough camera last year and it has become my favorite point and shoot camera now. It takes amazing photos both under water and on land. I love the features it has (especially the tilt shift feature) and the pano is really easy to use. Also another thing I love about it is that you just push a button and you have your video rolling. With the Canon D10, you actually have to go into the settings to change it to video.

You can look in my signature line at my reviews (the Dream and the Star along with the ports) have pictures taken mostly with the Olympus. All of the other reviews were done with the Canon only. :)

Archived