Falmouth Tour Guide

JTBCruiser

Has anyone used Wentworth Pearson as a tour guide? His rates seem reasonable compared to others in the Falmouth area but he wants cash all upfront at the dock. Is that normal or do they ask for 1/2 upfront and the remainder at the end of the tour? I found just a few reviews on TripAdvisor, all positive but not many reviews.

Edited by JTBCruiser

Has anyone used Wentworth Pearson as a tour guide? His rates seem reasonable compared to others in the Falmouth area but he wants cash all upfront at the dock. Is that normal or do they ask for 1/2 upfront and the remainder at the end of the tour? I found just a few reviews on TripAdvisor, all positive but not many reviews.

I am curious about this tour operator too... it's been our experience that we've paid a deposit when booking our tours to various ports and the balance due in cash upon arrival to avoid the expensive credit card convenience fees.

We've just booked with Ricardo of Liberty Tours. He was very personable and knowledgeable over the telephone and email. We look forward to our Blue Hole excursion in January :)

May I ask what he quoted you? Do you have a link to contact him? Thx!

www.libertytoursjamaica.com

Highly recommend this company, used them while on our cruise for a stop in Falmouth. Went to the Blue Hole and it was the highlight of our vacation. Planning to return soon and booking with Liberty.

Thank you and looking forward to hear from any others that booked through Liberty and can report after the tour.

We've just booked with Ricardo of Liberty Tours. He was very personable and knowledgeable over the telephone and email. We look forward to our Blue Hole excursion in January :)
We just finished our tour with Liberty Tours our guide was Rose Marie she was great. Ricardo called me 2 times the week prior to confirm our tour and make sure we knew how to reach him when in port. They did not require a deposit and took cash payment when we arrived. We did the Blue Hole AMAZING then Juicy Patties and then Scotchies what a great day! Ricardo and his team are the best.:D

We just finished our tour with Liberty Tours our guide was Rose Marie she was great. Ricardo called me 2 times the week prior to confirm our tour and make sure we knew how to reach him when in port. They did not require a deposit and took cash payment when we arrived. We did the Blue Hole AMAZING then Juicy Patties and then Scotchies what a great day! Ricardo and his team are the best.:D

Thank you for the feedback! I am so glad to hear the experience was great. Ricardo seems to be really on the ball with everything. Did you have to call Ricardo/Liberty when you arrived in Port or were they just there waiting for you? I only ask because we typically don't turn on our cell phones while cruising in fear of excessive data charges, etc.

Thank you for the feedback! I am so glad to hear the experience was great. Ricardo seems to be really on the ball with everything. Did you have to call Ricardo/Liberty when you arrived in Port or were they just there waiting for you? I only ask because we typically don't turn on our cell phones while cruising in fear of excessive data charges, etc.

He will send you instructions on where to meet. He did ask for a contact number and I did bring my phone in case but didn't turn it on. We had no problem finding our guide with his instructions. He will email you the instructions I printed them out and brought them with me. You will have a great time. I chickened out on the falls jump:o but did most of the others.

• 1 month later...
Liberty Tours.... libertytours dot com

$55.00 per person :)

Can you please let me know - was this from Falmouth? And how many people? Does this $55 include the entrance fees for Blue Hole?

Asking because I was just quoted significantly more...$295 for family of 4.

• 1 month later...

I'm following up to my previous post asking about Wentworth Pearson tours. I checked with a number of other tour guides found here on CC and found most prices were pretty much the same. I noted Wentowrth was the only one who included the price of admission to Turtle River Gardens/Falls in his quote of $180. The others told me it was separate or $20 each which drove the price up by $40. To ensure I didn't miss interpret Wentworth's quote, I went back to him and specifically asked if he meant to quote the admission price separately. He told me he stood by his original price and it was included. His $180 total price for 2 people includes pick up at the pier, 5 hour tour to include stop & admission to Turtle River Gardens/Falls, lunch at Scotchies, stops for scenic photo taking and drop off back at the pier. My trip is in early March so I'll come back with a detailed review of the trip and how he handled the tour.

Can you please let me know - was this from Falmouth? And how many people? Does this $55 include the entrance fees for Blue Hole?

Asking because I was just quoted significantly more...$295 for family of 4.

We docked in Falmouth first week of Dec (last month). There were 8 of us in the party and we paid $230, plus admission fee ($10 each and paid directly to the Blue Hole).

I know the tour operator charges $150 (first 4 people) for transportation for the day and you pay your admission fees directly to the attraction (i.e. Blue Hole). That would be $190 for your party of 4. Let me know if you want his information - he was AWESOME!!! He stayed in constant contact with us from the time we booked to the time we actually met him at the port (that was about a 5 month span!). He was a safe driver, fairly new van with AC.

You can tell him that you want the van for us your family. Or if you want the per person price to go down, then you can either ask people on your roll call or ask the tour operator. Tell him the people from Texas referred you...he said he will give you a discount. :-)

What was great was that he took no deposit. We paid him at the port when the tour was over.

Hope this helps!

Edited by jen70

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our Caribbean cruise and the kids have not stopped talking about our trip to the Blue Hole! As the planner of our excursion, I cannot say enough good things about working with Ricardo of Liberty Tours.

From the first time I emailed liberty regarding this tour to the time we said goodbye after the excursion Ricardo offered A+++ quality service.

Although we were only in port for 1 day, Ricardo made sure we maximized our time! We had so much fun and learned so much about the history and culture of Jamaica. Ricardo greeted us at the port in an air conditioned van with cold beverages including rum punch.

Our first stop was Discovery Bay, where Columbus first landed where we got a breathtaking view and took pictures. We then continued our journey through the various parishes of Jamaica where Ricardo narrated the entire time. Words and computer images cannot describe the beauty of the Blue Hole, until you see it in person! Ricardo arranged for guides to take us up the falls, where we stopped for pictures under the running falls, jumped off cliffs, swung from a rope, and went into a cave! An absolutely amazing adventure that everyone should experience.

After the Blue Hole, we stopped at Scotchies where Ricardo arranged for us to have lunch. At his recommendation, we tried carribean jerk chicken and pork, as well as festival. OMG... was it delicious. Our journey then continued to a local street bakery where the locals make sweet potato pie baked in car rims under charcoal! I cannot even describe how wonderful this pie tasted! We then drove to Bengal Beach where the kids went for a swim, saw some crabs and got to talk to more locals.

Overall, this was the highlight of our 2015 cruise! The next time we return to Jamaica, we will definitely contact Ricardo as he has been by far the BEST, guide we've ever used in our travels.