Anyone have great experiences with Liberty Tours Jamaica?

jaxstiles

Planning for an upcoming cruise in January and one of our stops will be Ocho Rios. Heard about this tour company on TripAdvisor and wondering if anyone has any great experiences they would like to share. So far I think I have narrowed it down but would love to hear recent reviews and/or recommendations on this tour company.

We are thinking of doing the Blue Hole but open for suggestions!

Thanks!

We went to Irie Blue Hole in August with Liberty tours. We had a great day. Ricardo was very good with correspondence before we left. Rosemarie was our guide and she was a lot of fun. Once we got to Blue Hole, we were guided by Ricardo (a different Ricardo) and Kristen took my camera and took pictures of everything for me. We had an amazing time. Once we left the falls, we stopped and went shopping. We went off on our own but Rosemarie was never far away. We had no problems with store owners or aggressiveness. Next we went to Lunch. Again RoseMarie took care of everything for us including getting our table, food and drinks. I highly recommend this tour. It was a fantastic day.

• 2 weeks later...
Planning for an upcoming cruise in January and one of our stops will be Ocho Rios. Heard about this tour company on TripAdvisor and wondering if anyone has any great experiences they would like to share. So far I think I have narrowed it down but would love to hear recent reviews and/or recommendations on this tour company.

We are thinking of doing the Blue Hole but open for suggestions!

Thanks!

That's how I found them on Trip Advisor! Highly recommend Liberty Tours.

Actually, I just booked with them for this upcoming summer. The Blue Hole is amazing! Ricardo is so patient and kind. Enjoyed our day with him and can't wait to do it again!

• 1 month later...

After doing some research on TripAdvisor and a few other websites, I decided to go with Liberty Tours Jamaica for a family outing in Jamaica. From the start Liberty Tours was a top notch operation. Ricardo Riley responded promptly to my emails with clear answers and instructions. He even telephoned me several times to make sure all my questions were answered. About two weeks prior to going on the tour, he emailed me instructions on what to do when I got to the port and a list of approved drivers he works with. He also telephoned days before the tour and gave me instructions on using a password in case a driver showed up claiming to be from Liberty Tours. We had booked a private tour to the Irie Blue Hole with Liberty Tours and our tour guide Demar Lawrence was fantastic! I cannot say enough about this young man. He was friendly and had a very sunny attitude. On the way to the Blue Hole, he chatted about the history of Jamaica, the different languages spoken on the island (American English, British English and Patois) and other information. The drive to the Blue Hole was a little crazy with the driving on the left-hand side and the blind curves, but at no time did I feel unsafe with Demar. He was an excellent driver. Once you get off the main road, the road to the Blue Hole is little more than a logging trail, so be prepared for bouncing and jostling. Demar took it slow and easy and we were to the Blue Hole in no time. Once we arrived at the Blue Hole, Demar stayed in the vehicle to watch our items. We were then turned over to the tour guides at the Blue Hole. Our guides were named Ricardo and Riley. These young men were incredible! They made sure everyone got photo ops and the opportunity to jump into the various pools from different heights, crawl under the waterfall, and finally swing off the rope swing. I would go back to the Blue Hole in a heartbeat. It was not crowded and I never felt rushed. After the Blue Hole, Ricardo drove us to a spot overlooking the harbor just off Shaw Park Road. It was what he called a “Million Dollar View” and he was right. It was beautiful. We took some pictures, and then Demar took us to the shopping area of town for souvenirs and of course Jamaican rum! After the shopping, he took us to Scotchies for lunch. We ordered a whole jerk chicken for my family of four with the accompanying festival bread and Red Stripes (sodas for the kids) and we demolished it. This was hands down the best meal I had on my trip. The chicken was juicy and flavorful. And with the scotch bonnet sauce on the side, you could make your jerk as incendiary as you wanted it to be. My 12 year old who thinks ketchup is spicy ate about a third of the chicken himself. After lunch at Scotchies, Demar took us back to the port. The tour was about 5 hours and was well worth it. If I could give Liberty Tours and Demar Lawrence six stars I would. You need to check these guys out!

I was wondering if any of you have used Liberty Tours while docked in Falmouth? I'm planning to do a private tour with them, but am a bit worried about the distance from the port and getting back in time.

What a great review of Liberty Tours and the Blue Hole! I have booked with Ricardo as well for my family (including my almost 77 year old mom!) and he answered my questions promptly. I'm looking forward to a wonderful day in Ocho Rios!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What a great review of Liberty Tours and the Blue Hole! I have booked with Ricardo as well for my family (including my almost 77 year old mom!) and he answered my questions promptly. I'm looking forward to a wonderful day in Ocho Rios!

Ricardo was great to work with and our driver Demar was a wonderful young man. Just a word of caution, be careful around the Blue Hole with your mom. The stairs are very steep and there are no hand rails.

Ricardo was great to work with and our driver Demar was a wonderful young man. Just a word of caution, be careful around the Blue Hole with your mom. The stairs are very steep and there are no hand rails.

Good to know! Thanks!